Cruise between Greece and Spain.

Nov 10th, 2019, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

Cruise between Greece and Spain.

My husband and I want to do a cruise between Greece and Spain, with a few stops along the way. Weíve been to Italy 4 times so donít want a lot of stops in Italy. Sicily is ok, we havenít been there, 10-12 days would be good. Next summer is when we want to go.
any suggestions? Celebrity has one, and others, but just not quite what we want.
Nov 10th, 2019, 04:50 PM
Forum Moderator

Moved from Technical Support to the Cruise Forum
Nov 10th, 2019, 05:25 PM

I see your thread has already had quite a trip and there are several cruise experts who may see it here. But I might also post over on the Europe Forum which is much busier.
Nov 10th, 2019, 07:14 PM

You might also want to post your question on CruiseCritic.com
Nov 11th, 2019, 03:41 AM

Vacationstogo,com has a comprehensive website that is very easy to navigate and to plug in specific criteria to find what you want - if what you want does exist.
Nov 11th, 2019, 09:55 AM

Something tells me that there is no cruise that fits exactly what you are hoping for. Norwegian Jade does do cruises between Athens and Barcelona and reverse. The itinerary changes somewhat as the season progresses. One goes to Ephesus, Rhodes, one includes Crete, etc. It would be a great cruise, but would be super hot in July and August. I have done a few Med cruises in September and it was still very warm. Also, all that I saw between Spain and Greece stop in Florence, Rome and Naples. Really, no help for that. Consider something between Turkey and Greece if you wish to avoid Italy. Of course, no Spain then. Are you looking for Greek Islands, mainland or what? If you can say more specifically what you hope to see, someone can help.
Nov 12th, 2019, 09:22 PM

Look at Azamara. They have lots of cruises between Athens and Barcelona, but we took one last year from Venice to Barcelona that revisited many of our fave places, plus two stops in Croatia. We revisited Sorrento, Rome & Florence in the Italy stops, seeking out spots yet unseen (easy to do) on previous trips to Italy. We particularly liked Cassis in France too. They have 3 ships, each w 675 passengers or so. Azamara & Oceania also stop in Malta, Sicily, not sure about Sardinia or Corsica.