Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page > Constellation, Golden Princess, or Serenade of the Seas ?

Constellation, Golden Princess, or Serenade of the Seas ?

Jun 19th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Original Poster

Constellation, Golden Princess, or Serenade of the Seas ?

My husband and I would like to go to the S. Caribbean in March. We have sailed with RCCL and HAL previously. Good food(also table for 2)and good entertainment are important to us. We'd appreciate help to decide on 3 ships--Celebrity Constellation, Golden Princess, or RCCL Serenade of the Seas. Thanks, Carol
Jun 22nd, 2004, 12:19 PM

I was on the Serenade of the Seas this past March. It was fabulous. So much to do on the ship and with a port intensive itinerary never got around to seeing all of ship. Constellation was following us for a couple of ports and from what I could see the main dining room looked awesome. The day at sea on the Serenade (Barbados back to San Juan) was great, as we went very near to Monteserat(sp) and then St. Kitts and Nevis. Captain also takes the ship to view the Pitons when leaving St. Lucia, the ship did a 360 so all could see. I am sorry but we were so busy during the day and had late seating that I never attended any of the shows. The food was good, but not GREAT. I do not think you can go wrong with any of the ships you have listed. Check out Cruisecritic.com, you might get more information as there are message boards for each of the cruise lines. Good Luck.
Jul 10th, 2004, 09:31 AM

We have 6 people took the Constellation this Late January. We all love it. Everything was good. I believe you will like anyone of these cruise you choose. I am thinking to take the Adventure of the Sea in oct. 2005.

Enjoy your cruise.
Jul 12th, 2004, 05:32 AM

I have to agree with Magnumcoog. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those ships. I sailed the Golden Princess when it was doing the eastern Carib. I fell in love with the ship and the service that the staff provided. Only thing I would like to add is that the general opinion regarding food on the ships is that Celebrity and Princess are superior to R.C. with Celebrity being the best. The food on the Golden Princess was very good.

Search this Thread