Notices

Christmas Market Cruises

Jun 11th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Original Poster

Christmas Market Cruises

Six adults are planning a Christmas Market Cruise this year. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which cruise line is the best? We would prefer the smaller boats. We would like to start in Vienna. Thank you
Jun 12th, 2010, 07:07 AM

We did Grand Circle last Christmas on the Rhine and the ship and food were great. The rooms were spotless and very comfortable. The cruise had about an hour or so guided tour of the town, maps given and then free time to do your own thing. It worked out very well as you had time to explore your own interests. The only thing that I was disappointed in is that they are more food markets than Christmas stuff markets. They were still delightful and fun to explore. It was an excellent way to spend a Christmas Holiday. I highly recommend the River Cruise type of trip. I think there were 143 on the Boat.
Jun 12th, 2010, 10:11 AM

ttt
Jun 13th, 2010, 05:41 AM

I was just there last Christmas and I had the best time ever. I have sailed countless amounts of time but never the small ships. I would do it again in a second. I sailed the Amalyra, Amawaterways with 100 passengers. The tour director knew everyones names within a day...the service, the people, the ports, the Christmas Markets, just a dream come true!!! Good luck to you, you will have so much fun. Bundle up, it is freezing and it rains but that is what gives it the Christmas flavor. Buy rainboots that are also comfortable for walking. They will keep your feet warm and dry.

Search this Thread