Reload this Page >

Celebrity Summit or RCCL Grandeur

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 02:27 PM
ed697

I have narrowed my choices down to two Western Caribbean trips in late March: the Celebrity Summit or the Royal Caribbean Grandeur. Both are 11 nights and both have very similiar and good itineries (with a slight nod to RCCL, I think). The Celebrity trip is approx $400 per person more than the RCCL trip. Is the newer boat and different cruise line worth it? Can anyone help me pick?<BR><BR>Thanks, Ed!

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 03:39 PM
Colman

We are booked on the Grandeur. $400 will get a big upgrade to a really nice room on this ship or a nice Lladro. On the newer ships you DO have a better spa, maybe a skating rink or a climbing wall. We can do those things here at home. Grandeur has a great itinerary. We were on her sister ship (Enchantment) last summer. We had a great time. Out of curiosity, what is different about the Summit's itinerary?

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 05:33 PM
ed697

Summit stops in Colon, Puerto Limon, and Cartegenja instead of Grandeur's Ocho Rios, Curacao, and one sea day. Also, Summit does not end with two straight sea days. Otherwise, it's the same. Next available upgrade on Grandeur seems to be $1,000 plus jump into much higher categories. Of course, $400 can also cover alot of other costs. This is my first cruise and some people have said that Grandeur is great but Summit and Celebrity's food are even better. Summit is also only 4 months old and has bigger cabins (172 square feet vs. 146). That might matter on a 12 day trip with an inside cabin. I'm sure either one will be great but it seemed like a touch choice. Or I'm just thinking too much! In any case, I'm glad you enjoyed Enchantment.

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 10:36 AM
Donna

I was on the grandeur for the 10 day christmas cruise last month, we had a fabulous time, of the 4 cruises we've been on this was definately the best.Better than the Horizon, with celebrity. We have heard a lot of people say Celebrity food is better , but I thought Rccl's was better.

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 07:04 PM
Susan

Definately go with Grandeur - you won't be disappointed. It was the first RCCL ship I sailed on...this March will be my 5th voyage with RCCL.<BR>Try the new Eagle class of ships as well - you won't be sorry <BR>Enjoy!<BR>