Celebrity / Mercury

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Sherryl

Celebrity / Mercury

The more I read, the more undecided I become. I'm pretty sure I want to do the Alaska cruise in August on the Mercury. Can someone please tell me the difference on the 4 categories for "Suites" - as the prices are so different. Category 01 $1849 - SS $1949 - RS $2599 - PS $4699. These are the prices from their website - is there a better place to go?<BR><BR>Are the suites all the same size? Are they as spacious as they look in pictures? What are the bathroom like? Do they all have balconies?<BR><BR>Since it is a round-trip, does it matter which side you are on? How is this trip on motion sickness?<BR><BR>Thanks for all the help - obviously, I haven't cruised before. <BR><BR>Sherryl

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 09:19 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Sherryl,<BR><BR>I believe it is time you found a travel agent that will answer all your many questions. Especially if this is your first cruise. You are spending quite a lot of money to travel blindly.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 10:01 PM
marilyn

We signed up for a great price on the Mercury to Alaska in July, 2002. The travel agency is in Salt Lake City, Destinations, phone 801-446-5000, ask for Rick, tell him Marilyn recommended them. We're paying $999 for a stateroom with balcony, very good price (with possible upgrade). They also have lower prices for inside rooms and outside roooms with window. I've been told if you cruise Alaska try to get a balcony because the scenery is spectacular. I don't work for Destinations but know the owner and he let me know about this great deal. We have about 12 in our group going. The Mercury is supposed to be a great ship. If you want a suite they can help you with the price, never pay the price quoted by the cruise line. Our group is keeping track on the internet for the best airfare to Seattle instead of booking through Destinatins. They offer a $50 roundtrip transfer fare to Vancouver from Seattle (3 hour drive). Much cheaper to fly into Seattle than Vancouver. Good luck.

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 10:40 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Boy Marilyn you may get you yourself in trouble with the air thing. Remember you cannot miss your ship. If you do there is no way to drive to the next port.<BR><BR>It is rather interesting to hear to what lengths passengers go to save a few dollars on a trip of a lifetime.<BR><BR>Paul<BR><BR>

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 08:27 PM
marilyn

Paul, we're flying into Seattle 3 days early and driving to Vancouver to enjoy the beautiful scenery. I think we'll be fine getting to the ship on time. We've done a lot of planning for this trip. Even if we were not going in 3 days early I'd make sure we had plenty of time to drive to the ship.

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 09:38 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Good planning.<BR><BR>Paul