Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/)
-   -   Celebrity Galaxy questions... (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/celebrity-galaxy-questions-103819/)

Suzanne Feb 3rd, 2001 06:07 AM

Celebrity Galaxy questions...

My husband and I have never taken a honeymoon and this year is our 4th anniversary. We are both 29, this is my second cruise and his first. He has anxieties about the formal nights, things being "too structured" on the ship and there not being too many others in our age group. I have tried to explain that 'formal' can mean a dark suit. Also, that you can do anything or nothing abord the ship. I myself, having ony cruised Cunard previously, have the same concern about others in our age group. We are sailing the 7 night So. Caribbean on Galaxy this April. The other issue he had was the sleeping situation...how are the beds when they are pushed together to make a Queen? <BR>Thanks so much!

Gail Feb 3rd, 2001 11:23 AM

Just did Galaxy's So. Caribbean last month. LOT'S of men wear suits on formal nights. No one is checking you out to see what you're wearing. There were people of all ages. We went X-mas week so there were LOADS of families and children. WE had a great time. You're right you can do as much or as little as you want. The ports of call were all great. We are beach lovers, so on most islands we just took a cab to the beach. On St. Lucia we took the ship's land/sea excursion. It was wonderful. <BR>Have a great time!

Paul Therault Feb 3rd, 2001 07:20 PM

<BR>Hi Suzanne, <BR> <BR>I cruised Century in 1999 and could tell you there are many passengers your age. When you cruise you can do what you want, when you want. <BR> <BR>Granted the ship's passengers love to dress for dinner but you do not see that many men in a tux. Most wear sport jackets and ties. Remember, you can rent a tux on any cruise ship. <BR> <BR>It is really country-club living. White glove service and the spa is just fabulous. Celebrity has the best spas at sea. <BR> <BR>An elegant cruise at a moderate price. <BR> <BR>Bon voyage, <BR> <BR>Paul <BR> <BR>

Suzanne Mar 2nd, 2001 06:15 AM

Thanks so much for your advice! We are really looking forward to our trip!

Kay Mar 3rd, 2001 05:18 AM

Suzanne, <BR>Tell your husband not to worry about the beds. We always have them put in a queen or king and have never been able to tell that it wasn't an actual bed that size. No crack to fall through! If they haven't done it that way when you arrive, just tell the room steward.

Linda Mar 3rd, 2001 01:05 PM

Hi. Tell your hubby that although Celebrity is 5-star, it isn't "stuffy" at all. We took our kids, and LOVED it. A beautiful, great ship. He only has to wear the suit 2 nights, and can wear a golf shirt & khakis (for instance) the other nights. My husband would then wear the golf shirt the next day with shorts. Cuts down on packing! (you don't wear it long at night, so it's still basically clean the next day). Tell him not to worry. <BR>I'm just jealous that I can't go!