Cave Tubing

Oct 19th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Original Poster

Cave Tubing

My Husband and I are going to Belize in 2 weeks on the NCL Spirit. We are very interested in the cave tubing. However, I am slightly closterphobic (sp?) will this be a problem?
Oct 19th, 2004, 07:18 PM

Was in Balize on Cruise 2 years ago. We were also nervous about cave tubing and went on some ancient temple tour insted. WE COULDN'T BE SORRIER! The 2 other couples we were on the cruise with went tubing and they LOVED IT! We also overheard plenty of other people talking about it who enjoyed it too. I can't speak to the claustrophobia but our friends, I just called them to confirm this, can't imagine it would be a problem. Enjoy.
Oct 20th, 2004, 02:41 AM

I went with Reggie and this is an EXCELLENT tour. BUT only you can determine if this is clausterphobic for you? You enter 2 cave tubes and there are areas of total darkness, but you have head lamps on at all times, you can link up your tubes and paddle that way or just have the other's pull you (if it is your partner??).
Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:48 AM

We went cave tubing with reggie and the guides were so helpful if anyone had problems. I got a lot of help since I have 2 replaced knees and some times the walking on rocks was difficult. I only wore water shes and I should of wore tennis shoes with thicked soles. The caves are pretty big and you do have lights. I would not of wanted to miss this experience for anything. I do recomend Reggie and not the ship's tours.
Oct 23rd, 2004, 06:58 PM

How do you book it with Reggie and what is the cost?
Oct 26th, 2004, 07:18 PM

BudgetQueen,
Can you give me Reggie contact and price?
Oct 27th, 2004, 06:40 AM
Original Poster

I was able to find Reggie at www.regtour.com. We booked today. Thanks for the tip, looking forward to it.
Oct 28th, 2004, 03:49 PM

Thank you Shebalnu.