Reload this Page >

Cat. X - Guaranteed Run of Ship?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2000, 11:06 PM
Sheila

Is anyone familiar with this category on Celebrity? We can get a realy good price on an inside cabin on Century, but won't have an assigned cabin until we board. I'm worried we could end up in the worst cabin on the ship! <BR>Sheila

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 10:22 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>This is how a "guarantee" works. <BR>You book either the lowest inside or lowest outside cabin and pay the reduced price. You have an excellent chance of an upgrade since the lowest priced cabins are all sold. You, of course, will not go down a category but you will not have the run of the ship. If you book the lowest inside you will go up to higher categories but you will continue to stay inside (there is a 1% chance you will get an outside cabin). If you book the lowest outside....the same. You will have a 1% chance of getting a balcony stateroom. <BR> <BR>The odds are good.....do it!

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 08:46 PM
Denise Blackmore

A Category X with Celebrity Cruises means you won't receive a cabin assignment until aprox. 1 week prior to the cruise (you usually receive your room assignment before you leave home) at that time you could be placed anywhere on the ship. Even if you were to get the lowest Category, which is 12, its not a bad room. You may be on the lowest passenger deck but the Inside Staterooms are quite large. Plus, the showers are quite big (especially compared to other lines). Enjoy yourselves!

Old Jan 22nd, 2000, 11:10 PM
sheila boulton

thanks for your responses - you knew more than my travel agent! We are going to go for it, as all the inside quad cabins were sold out, and we can get two inside Cat. X cabins for cheaper than one outside quad. Now we won't have to share a bathroom with our 16 year old daughter!

Old Jan 27th, 2000, 11:55 AM
Debbie

This past July, I sailed on the Century to Scand. and Russia. I booked the cheapest cabin inside (single)and received my cabin assigment about 2 weeks before sailing (category 12).I was traveling alone so I didn't need much room. When I got to the dock in Amsterdam, they couldn't find my name with that cabin, but said I had been reassigned. I didn't panic because I was <BR>already in the lowest, cheapest, smallest cabin. When they walked me to my cabin I about fell over---category 5, Queen size, bed and three windows! I never did find out why and I surely didn't ask. It was a marvelous 2 week cruise: with great food and outstanding staff and crew. One of my best cruises (and I'd been on 29 others). <BR> SOOO, take your chances. I don't think you can go wrong. Post a reply when you return and let us know how you came out. <BR> I can't wait to sail with Celebrity again. <BR> Bon Voyage!