Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Carnival Fantasy - free irons available??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 12:13 PM
snorkelman

Does the Carnival Fantasy have an ironing room? I have been on some ships that have a laundry room equipped with irons and ironing boards and you can iron your clothes for free. I have also been on some ships that do not offer this, but only offer you the pressing service, for which they charge you money.<BR><BR>Can I iron my shirts for free on Carnival’s Fantasy or do I have to bring my portable iron?<BR>

Old Dec 5th, 2001, 04:53 AM
snorkelman

I posted this question yesterday and still there is no response. I posted the same question on 2 other boards and now have 7 responses. I guess that this fodors site just doesn't have the same traffic that the other cruise site have.<BR><BR>Anyway, for those of you who would like to know the answer - yes there are rooms provided in which you can use the ships' irons for free - but lines can grow long - especially on the formal night. So, since I already have a portable travel iron, i will just bring it. But at least you all now know that you do not have to bring one on this ship if you don't want to.<BR><BR>Dave - a.k.a. snorkelman

Old Dec 5th, 2001, 09:46 PM
Paul Therault

The laundry rooms on all ships are small and hot. Travel irons are rather heavy and will blow circuit breakers in the cabins. I alway travel with a small steamer. Works just fine.<BR><BR>Paul