got to Miami 1 day ahead
stayed at the Hyatt Regency....near the port...downtown Miami is not the best place to be
visited Bayside....very nice and nice dinner on the water
Day 1 cruise...boarded ship around 12-12:30....easy boarding and lunch buffet was set and ready...in our rooms by 1:30 and luggage arrived soon after
Day 2 Key West- Key West Trolley was fantastic- hop on/hop off
enjoyed Sloppy Joes, Margaritaville, and watching people lobstering
Day 3 Cozumel- opted for taking a taxi away from touristy areas....went to Iberostar All-Inclusive....nice for diving but the beach was very rocky...need beach shoes
Weather was very bad....resort was good but nothing compared to a Sandals or RIU
Day 4 at sea....smooth sailing all the way
Highlights of the cruise- dinner time casino, piano bar
Negatives- Security was non-existent...first night a fight broke out in the casino...it took security which consisted of two very light weight young men about 15 minutes to respond...the fight continued after security got there
Room Service- expect to wait a couple of hours for late night snacks
Return to Miami-
Stayed at South Beach- The Victor- excellent on every front
one of my favorite hotels of all time!!
visited Dave's Cafe for lunch- nice Cuban food
lots of shopping on Lincoln Road
Next day- visited Star Island on the way back to airport
Next visit to Miami- I will stay at South Beach before and after departure....a little taxi ride to the port but not bad, and it was 100 % more enjoyable than time spent closer to the port...
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 XFINITY !:855:843:8475- Password Recovery Xfinity CONTACT Tec*h 24by7
- 2 InvigorateX Male Enhancement
- 3 Hotel -Miami before cruise
- 4 UNIWORLD River Boat Cruise on the Danube, Budapest to Prague
- 5 Antarctica Cruise--Zegrahm or Lindblad and time to go
- 6 Transfer from Fiumicino to Civitavecchia
- 7 Almost serious
- 8 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 9 Antarctica Quark Expedition Travel Report
- 10 Best Place to Purchase Cruises
- 11 National Geographic Quest
- 12 Azamara Journey New Zealand Tours Available
- 13 Considering a first-time Caribbean cruise..
- 14 Mississippi River Cruise
- 15 Time to Explore St Petersburg
- 16 roommate wanted
- 17 Just back from an NCL East Med & Greek isles Cruise! Any ?
- 18 Mediterranean cruise- first week of May?
- 19 Danube River Cruise - agent
- 20 Multi generation Alaska cruise
- 21 Seeking Cozumel Advice
- 22 Costa Maya beach
- 23 Scenic cruise advice
- 24 Small Ship Alaska
- 25 Seabourn Alaska Cruise
Carnival Destiny-Miami, Key West, Cozumel
got to Miami 1 day ahead