Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page > Carnival Conquest question/formal dress?
Notices

Carnival Conquest question/formal dress?

Jun 10th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

Carnival Conquest question/formal dress?

For all of you experienced cruisers, I hope you help with a 'formal dining' question. The Conquest will has two formal nights for dining.I love that! My MIL is convinced (we have never cruised before) that most people do not really dress formally on these nights. Are we going to look silly - in my full length dress & heels and my husband in his tux?
Jun 10th, 2005, 02:04 PM

You won't look silly. There will be other people in gowns and tuxes--just not that many (maybe 5%-10%).

A suit or jacket & tie is probably the "median" level of dress. A lot of the women pass on the dresses and just wear black pants and "sparkly" tops. And, yes, there will be a few people hanging around in jeans.

My advice is that you dress to please yourself. If you feel like dressing in real formal wear--go ahead and enjoy it.

Jun 10th, 2005, 05:17 PM

Triathelete is right IMHO. You won't be the only ones. Bon voyage.
Jun 11th, 2005, 04:48 AM

Ditto. On my recent GLory cruise, about 20% of the men had on tuxes and 50% of the ladies long dresses on the first formal night, not quite so many on the second.

Yes, there were jeans and even shorts and ball caps in the dining room - terribly inappropriate - but these folks obviously had no taste.

Search this Thread