Cruisevacationcenter.com

Search

Cruisevacationcenter.com

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruisevacationcenter.com

Anyone used this site for booking? It's by far the cheapest. Have talked with a couple others and they can't match it. Are there any hidden costs at the end of any online booking that you know about? One TA told me "better watch the online sites. They have hidden fees at the end."

Carol
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 08:45 AM

Don't know about cruisevacationcenter but I have used cruise.com and blueseascruises.com and have never had any hidden charges.
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 10:03 AM

The most common charge that isn't reported to you is the cost of port charges and taxs. Make sure that these charges are included in the price they give you.
Most internet sites are now reporting these charges. A few had a history of advertising bargain prices, then once they had you hooked they'd finally add these charges which can easily add $100-200 per person, per 7 day cruise. I have never heard of the site you mentioned, and I thought I'd seen them all. Be careful.....you know the line... if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 10:14 AM

I followed up and checked that site and it's just as I suspected, at the very bottom of the page that lists prices is a tiny "disclaimer" that says "Prices are per person, double occupancy, cruise only on select sailings. Government taxes and fees are ADDITIONAL." In other words, add port charges and taxs.
By the way, even the prices they listed are nothing special. Take a look at some of the big on-line agents like icruise or cruise.com and you'll see that there are better deals, and they DO include port charge and taxs in the prices they quote. Hope this helps.
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 12:30 PM

Hi

We just used them and they were great!

We were on the Feb 28-Mar 6 S. Carib on Celebrity Constellation, balcony room for $825 ea!!
They were the best price out of all the online TA's.

We had 2 vouchers, one for an onboard credit and the other for a price reduction and both were honored. They even called before the cruise to remind us that you need a passport for Barbados these days.

But do make sure you are quoted the price with all fees and port charges. We were, no hidden fees at all. We will use them again and again!
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 02:42 PM

Wecome back, Lewis!
Hope you had a great trip on Celebrity (my favorite cruise line!)

Are you aware now that there is no need for a passport to cruise to Barbados? Just if you are beginning or ending your trip there. I still feel having a passport is very important in this day and age.You never know what may happen!

pfarmmom:
Now, since I have been OFF TOPIC--give the largest cruise agency in the world a try also for your tickets. www.mytravelco.com (CruisesOnly). I have purchased dozens of tickets from them with NO problems. Just another site to do some comparison shopping!!

Happy cruising!!
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 01:25 PM

The best way to find out about hidden fees is to ASK THE AGENT. Just because they're online doesn't mean they won't answer your questions.

I'm sure your "brick & mortar" TA warned you about the EVIL online TA's because he or she has your best interests at heart...
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 04:19 PM

I have used Cruise vacation Center for my last 4 cruises. I have had no problem with them. I booked with them before they had that big internet site and always found them to give me the best price. I have always just called them on the phone. For my cruises they always came in with the lowest of all the quotes I received.

Most sites do not include all the costs. You must go through things as though you are going to book a cruise. This site is no different than the others.

I highly recommend giving them a call for a quote.