Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/)
-   -   cancelled NCL cruise (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/cancelled-ncl-cruise-83860/)

Marita Aug 21st, 2000 01:31 PM

cancelled NCL cruise

My husband and I were going to take the NCL cruise on the Majesty Dec. 8th. It is a repositioning cruise for 9 days. Awesome price! After reading all of the negative comments here, we changed our mind. I now have the ta checking on a Royal Carib. or Celebrity for us. I took an NCL about 3 years ago and liked it better than Carnival. What happened?

Parrot Mom Aug 25th, 2000 05:34 PM

Too bad you cancelled the Majesty... we are going on it within the next few weeks for the eighth time.. and have already booked for next May...If you had read some of the other cruise boards you would fine many people who were "doubting thomases" were thrilled... One family of 15 just returned and had a wonderful time... We are going with a group of as of now 16 people.......

Paul Therault Aug 27th, 2000 02:10 AM

<BR>Dear Marita, <BR> <BR>Simple answer.....NCL has cut their budget by hiring less crew. Now they can effectively reduce the price of their cruises. <BR> <BR>Granted they are taking thousands of passenger each week without incidence but if there is a problem, do not expect recourse. <BR> <BR>I, personally believe the ships are dangerous. <BR> <BR>If you are a gambler you most likely will win and have an enjoyable cruise. The odds are in your favor. <BR> <BR>Paul

Mellie Sep 1st, 2000 12:58 PM

Paul...you are anti Premier and anti NCL among other things...is it that they do not offer that great a commission...you are extremely negative...Ive been cruising NCL for many years and do not find the line "dangerous"...certainly you'd hve to pay me to go on a Carnival again!!

Paul Therault Sep 1st, 2000 09:51 PM

<BR>Dear Marita, <BR> <BR>I do not recall mentioning Premier in the past but since you brought up the subject...... <BR> <BR>Premier is in trouble. They pruchased the Dolphin Line. The ships were old and in need to be brought up to safety standards. Big mistake. Now their operational budget has been reduced to almost zero and unless they come up with additional financing they will fold. <BR> <BR>It is too bad. The Big Red Boat name was highly regarded in the industry. All my customers had nothing but praise. <BR> <BR>Hopefully they will receive the financing needed. <BR> <BR>Paul

Paul Therault Sep 1st, 2000 10:08 PM

<BR>Marita, <BR> <BR>I do not make up stories. I am not a fiction writer. If you study my past posts you will see why NCL has not become a favorite of many. <BR> <BR>I sailed three NCL cruises last year that were seriously unacceptable and I am a travel agent. I should be painting a rosy picture. Does any of this make sense to you? <BR> <BR>And by the way, NCL is one cruise line that has the best commission policy in the industry. Why do I not sell NCL?...duh....hello. <BR> <BR>I only state the facts, my dear. <BR> <BR>You also will note all the negative facts that I have stated here in reference to Renaissance and NCL are being addressed by each of the companies at this time. <BR> <BR>O.K. now it's time to bring up the commission thing again...... <BR> <BR>Paul