Anchorage to Vancouver Starboard side

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2003, 06:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going on a Silversea cruise in early June for 10 days from Anchorage to Vancouver. Only starboard side rooms with verandas available. Still worthwhile or a deal killer? Your thoughts are appreciated.
Old Oct 29th, 2003, 03:28 PM

I bragged about travelling P.O.S.H. Anchorage-Vancouver. Alaska is truly magnificent with it's huge mountains; however on my cruise it rained and was foggy for all 7 days and only saw the bottom 100-200 feet of these wonders. Seriously, on your 10 day cruise you'll be in and out of many fjords, bays, inlets, islands and don't forget the inside passage. Deal breaker no, and for one day perhaps you can brag about the fab sunset (2nd-3rd day). Relax/enjoy!
Old Oct 29th, 2003, 07:29 PM
Original Poster

You are very kind...just feel fortunate to take such a trip! Thanks for the advice.
Old Oct 30th, 2003, 05:27 AM

The port side is the "action side" for scenery on southbound trips. But do plan on plenty of deck time and forget spending all your time on your balcony. There is nothing more spectacular than full front views with a good pair of wide angle binoculars. Budget for the costly and NECESSARY shore excursions- a necessary part of Alaska travel. I never book any ship tours and alway book direct with the vender. Superior tours in my experience (16 trips). Have a great trip!!!
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 04:24 PM

BUdget Queen=

I am doing an Alaska Cruise on the Osterdam ( HAL) and booked a starboard side ( odd number room) on the cruise from Seattle to Alaska-- AM I ON THE CORRECT SIDE of the ship to see the good stuff...we did get a balcony cabin...

Help please!
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 05:57 AM

Unfortunately your route is mostly OUTSIDE passage sailing so it doesn't matter. If scenery is important for you choose another route and strongly consider sailng out of Vancouver. Myself- route is very important, and I wouldn't choose this one.