Search

Miami Port

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 06:33 AM
Billie Jo Jack

Miami Port

I would like to know of a hotel that is near the port authority in Miami, that maybe provides free shuttle? Maybe something on or near the beach?

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 09:52 AM
Anna

Unfortunately, the port isn't near the beach. The best hotels to pick from are in the downtown area. Nice ones are Hyatt, Sheraton Biscayne, Marriott and Inter-Continental. Also in the area is Howard Johnsons. Look under downtown and Bayside locations. Don't know if any have shuttle service. <BR><BR>Hope this was helpful.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 03:24 PM
bigdog

You cannot beat the location of Howard Johnson nor the price.Free shuttle service rooftop pool right on the bay!

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 08:18 AM
Linda

we stayed at a days inn in miami, about 4 miles from the port, not only did they have a free shuttle to the port, but also a free shuttle to pick us up at the airport the night before, can't beat that! and the room was only $60 for the night!

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 04:37 AM
Susie

We stayed at the Sheraton Feb 1st prior to a 7 dayer on the Triumph. Great hotel. Beautiful pool. Bought the transfers through Carnival who bought people in to registered us in the lobby about 9 am. Bus left for the port at 11. We had the easiest embarking we have ever had with all the preregistration done ahead. (This was our 8th cruise)

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 03:19 PM
Patty

You can't be near the beach and the port of Miami at the same time. The above are all good recommendations. Another low to medium priced property to check is the Best Western Marina Park directly across the street from Bayside Marketplace. I haven't stayed there in recent years so can't vouch for it's current condition. It was fine for us for an overnight. I don't recall there being a free shuttle. A taxi would not cost that much though.