Best food on main stream cruise line

Dec 30th, 2001, 01:05 PM
Sara

Best food on main stream cruise line

So far, we have found that Princess has the best food. Have sailed RCCL, Carnival, Celebrity and Princess.

What does everyone else think?

Dec 30th, 2001, 03:30 PM
Amy

Sara, we will be sailing on Celebrity. I've heard the food can get a bit fancy. In fact my aunt who has been sailing for 25 years advised against Celebrity for this reason. Just curious about what you think.

Dec 31st, 2001, 12:16 AM
Paul Therault

Hi Sara,

The Celebrity food is gourmet this is the main reason quite a few passengers do not care for it. Princess is about the same. Plenty of seafood.

Always remember, if you do not care for your food just send it back and choose another.

Paul

Dec 31st, 2001, 08:45 AM
Albert

We found that the menus on Celebrity were a lot better than the food -- gourmet ideas, but they couldn't pull it off. Princess had good menus and better food.

Jan 1st, 2002, 04:11 PM
steve

I'd give Holland America a slight edge over Princess....Carnival is at the bottom, a lot like Denny's.

Jan 2nd, 2002, 12:36 AM
Paul Therault

You're correct Albert. It is rather difficult to prepare food en masse and pronounce it true "gourmet."

It is also difficult to say that one cruise line has better or worse food than another. It is a matter of taste therefore a moot point.

Paul

Jan 2nd, 2002, 04:45 AM
Gail

I agree with Paul. We all have different tastes and therefor prefer different foods. I have found it to be hit or miss--even on the same cruise line. Our first NCL cruise had pretty bad food, but our second NCL had GREAT food. Celebrity has always been good when we've sailed. RCCL has been inconsistant.

Jan 2nd, 2002, 11:30 PM
travelpower1

Celebrity's Century was the best food ever on a cruise ship-- the Millenium was just about the worst we had ever had--but we would STILL pick Celebrity over Princess,NCL,RCL-- and Carnival doesn't even enter into the equation.

Search this Thread