Best Cruise Option??

Old Feb 8th, 2006, 06:49 PM
LiVinLARGE

Best Cruise Option??

I'm looking at possible cruise options for late May / early June and find I am torn on the following options:

Southern Carib
Bermuda
Canada/NE
Alaska

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Old Feb 8th, 2006, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It depends on whether you're looking for surfing, snorkeling, and basking in the sun or wild animals, spectacular scenery, and hiking. We've taken a dozen cruises and rate Alaska as one of our favorite destinations, and that would be our preference. What's important to you is what you are looking for in a cruise.
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 02:57 AM
LiVinLARGE

we're looking for all of the above! There is no preference since all the scenery is gorgeous.

I'm interested in hearing from people like yourself who have been on several cruises - what was your favorite and why. thanks

Old Feb 9th, 2006, 04:28 AM

I'd pick them all ! Have been to them all (Bermuda later this year). It doesn't matter which you choose just do one this cruise, next cruise-do another, on & on.

Don't think like this is my only cruise-plan on taking many and you will eventually go to all those places.
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 07:35 AM

I also have done them all.

My preference is the Southern Caribbean. I love the beach and the water and these islands are beautiful.

I would save NE/Canada for fall foliage season personally.

I do not like Bermuda.

Alaska is great as well but much more about the explorations on land and also, IME with 5 Alaska cruises, better in late June for weather and wildlife, as well as calving glaciers.
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 12:39 PM
LiVinLARGE

originally I was leaning toward the S Carib. however for the dates I need the itin is not as pleasing - i think it was Grenada and Isla Margarit? instead of Antigua and St. lucia

Old Feb 9th, 2006, 12:39 PM
LiVinLARGE

what did you not like about Bermuda?

Old Feb 9th, 2006, 12:48 PM

Given the past few years and some very bad hurricanes, I would avoid Bermuda or Carib if you are going past June 1.
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 02:11 PM

The weather should be fine in late May and early June. Bermuda is beautiful and so is the southern Carib. NE and Canada would be better if you went in July, Aug or Sept.
Old Feb 17th, 2006, 11:43 AM

For LiVinLARGE-
I am going on an Alaska cruise this summer, and everyone my family and I talk to that have been on one say that they are INCREDIBLE, and that it is DEFINITELY not a one time trip, there is too much to do!! That is my suggestion, good luck!