Best cruise lines

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 08:59 AM
Susan

Best cruise lines

Which cruise line is better? Celebrity, Royal Caribbean or Princess? Do you get bored when you are at sea all day?

We are not big party people, but do like to enjoy ourselves

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 10:50 AM
Andy

Susan- I absolutely LOVE Celebrity-- have been on 3 in 3 years--spent last 27 years cruising---
Celebrity is Light Years ahead of RCL in both food and sevice==

and definitely kills Princess on the food department.

Celebrity and RCCL BOTH have awesome entertainment on board--
You do not have to be party people to take any of the lines mentioned....

Celebrity is the UPSCALE to RCCL==better service overall................owned by same company.

I never get bored at my days at sea--they are extrememly relaxing--you can do the spas,bingo,pool parties,afternoon tea,different speakers,gamble,exercise ===or just veg at the pool.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 11:53 AM
Todd

Susuan:

The very best is the Radisson Seven Seas.

They are closing fast on the luxury leaders.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 12:04 PM
hamlet

What's best to one may not be best for you. It all depends on what you consider important.... ship activities, food, service, other passengers (demographics, lifestyle, etc.), atmosphere, value for money, etc. Is it "better" to be able to go rockclimbing at sea or is it "better" to not have to pay extra for ice cream or is it "better" to be able to do your own laundry at sea?

I am usually never bored at sea. There is usually a ship activity happening that I want to participate in - sometimes more that one and I have to decide what to do!

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 02:47 PM
jeanette

Listen to Hamlet's advice -- it's right on. It's like saying "which is the best car" or "which is the best restaurant". Personal taste definately figures into the equation, as does budget. Even the time of year and who you will be traveling with (kids? Your sister, mother, a group of friends?)