Notices

Bermuda summer 2016

Mar 25th, 2016, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

Bermuda summer 2016

My husband and I in our early 50's are looking to go on a cruise in late July or early August this summer. Looking to go out of New York as we would like to visit New York City for a few days too. We are not too adventurous but do like to go to a nice beach, do some sight seeing and shopping. We are going with no kids and just want to relax for a week. Looking for suggestions on best cruise to take along with suggestions on places to stay while in New York.
Mar 25th, 2016, 10:42 AM

Well, your choices are going to be limited. There are only a couple of lines that sail to Bermuda out of NYC: Norwegian out of Manhattan and Celebrity and Royal Caribbean out of Bayonne, which though close isn't so convenient to NYC.

Both the Celebrity and Royal Caribbean ships are newer and more upscale than Norwegian Breakaway, but I really like them all. Celebrity will have the fewest children, but in the summer, all the ships will carry a lot of families. Norwegian and Royal Caribbean specifically target the family market. But i think the Royal Caribbean cruises are shorter. I'd go for a full week cruise and go for Celebrity. But factor in the added cost of getting to Bayonne.

And if you are going to sail out of Bayonne, I'd strongly reocmmend getting your flights in and out of EWR. If you sail on Norwegian, then fly into LGA or JFK, whichever makes the most sense based on where you're flying from. THere are usually good hotel deals in Manhattan during July and August, so that's not a bad time to go to get good hotel rates.

Search this Thread