For reference, my husband is keen on trying a Viking River Cruise. I am not, for many reasons. We are experienced independent travelers (15+ trips to Europe) and love it. We mostly rent apartments and cars and/or use public transit. We love to loosely plan and be flexible if we want to stay longer in one place.
I've been on two cruises, one Carnival (ugh....), one Costa, both Carribbean. I didn't enjoy the pace. Husband has never been on a cruise. I'm trying to get him to see that while these cruises go to great places, I'm not sure we'd love it. Especially when there's some problems with rivers and low water.
I've read brochures and online, forums, reviews. I still would like to know some specifics:
-- what time do most tours start?
-- what time must we be back on the ship (or bus, apparently- seems like they do this to take you to meet ship which has already gone on to next port)
-- how much motion in a ship this size?
-- noise levels? Both ship and passengers.
Any other info about your experiences on river cruises would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 http://www.facts4supplement.com/massive-testo/
- 2 Flight Back to US after Transatlantic Cruise
- 3 Need help European Cruise -viking Ocean Cruise Barcelona to Rome
- 4 Vking Mediterrnean Odyssey Ocean Cruises by Viking
- 5 Vking Ocean Cruises 2019?
- 6 Help! RCCL AOS
- 7 Cabin choices
- 8 Hotel -Miami before cruise
- 9 ALASKAN CRUISE
- 10 Viking changes itinerary
- 11 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 12 Danube River Cruise - agent
- 13 Rhine River or Mosel Cruise info
- 14 Take it when you see it
- 15 Travel time needed from Basel to Zurich airport?
- 16 Choosing a first cruise
- 17 Almost serious
- 18 Did it! Booked!
- 19 Beaches from cruise
- 20 Antarctica Quark Expedition Travel Report
- 21 Scenic cruise advice
- 22 Time to Explore St Petersburg
- 23 Transfer from Fiumicino to Civitavecchia
- 24 Antarctica Cruise--Zegrahm or Lindblad and time to go
- 25 Parking for Celebrity