Which ship to choose

Old Jan 2nd, 2012, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which ship to choose

Hi,
There are two different cruises I am considering and am looking for advice on whice one to choose. I am considering taking the Carnival Victory departing from Puerto Rico or the Carnival Valor that departs from Miami. I realize the Valor is bigger, but bigger doesn't always mean better. I would love to hear from people who have been on one or both of these ships.
Old Jan 2nd, 2012, 11:16 AM

cruisecritic.com will have lots of reviews ratings and
reports on both ships if you do not get much response here.

Happy Deciding!
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 01:34 PM

Which one has the itinerary you like best? That is also important.
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 07:23 PM
Original Poster

I checked cruise critic and found many reviews on these 2 ships, some good and some bad. I couldn't find a review that compared to 2 though.
As far as the itineraries are concerned they are both very similar and the price of the cruise is very close. If anybody has been on both the Valor and the Victory please give me your advice.
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 02:36 PM

Carnival Valar is an older ship (2004) but has gone through extensive refit. I have not been on board after the refit and all I can offer is that a typical refitt would means new furnishing, new carpet, updated public area etc. So a recent refit (January 2011) is good.

The Carnival Victory is even older ship (2000). If I have to choose between the two, I will pick Valor over Victory (because of teh recent refit). There are not too much differences in ship sizes and layout. Valor is slightly bigger and holds a bit more passengers.

I don't put too much stock on the reviews as the crew changes (thus service will cahnge) and the passenegers' taste are different (so the review standards are different) plus there are hired "pens" who write reviews. So you will have to read through the line to get what you need.

I also look at the ship's deck plan and facilities available and see which one "fits" better.

I have no issues with Carnival and I would certianly ceruise on them again (on their newer ships), but did you look at anyone lese? Carnical caters to a much younger crowd in the Carribbean and offers a different experience than the other cruise lines.
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 11:16 AM

I recently took the Valor Western Caribbean Cruise. I was very impressed with the ship. We have sailed many times and wanted to try Belize & Roatan. Roatan was awesome. We went to Maya Cay. Everything we saw was clean and the people were all friendly. Belize was very depressing. We took the Alta Ha & Belize City Tour. Talk about 3rd world country. I have no desire to every go there again.
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 05:26 AM

You could reach out to some of our members who have cruised on Victory: http://meetoncruise.com/guide/cruise...rnival-Victory and Valor: http://meetoncruise.com/guide/cruiseship/Carnival-Valor to get their opinions.

I don't think you can make a bad decision, both are nice ships and similar. Good luck.