Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/)
-   -   Anybody use CruiseCompete.com? (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/anybody-use-cruisecompete-com-416531/)

MichelleU Mar 29th, 2004 06:27 AM

Anybody use CruiseCompete.com?

I'm kind of new to shopping online, so sorry if this is a dumb question.
I just put a request into CruiseCompete.com and got prices from five different
agencies. Prices seem really, really good which makes me a little nervous.

Does anyone know these agencies: Cruise Value Center, Cruises-N-More,
Cruise411, Cruise Professionals & Cruise Brothers? Are they safe to work with?

Thanks in advance!

triathlete Mar 30th, 2004 06:40 AM

Michelle:

These are all high-volume, well-known agencies that have been around for a long time. CruiseCompete.com's model--which has agents competing for your business on price--attracts this type of agency because they get better rates from the cruise lines.

If you have any other worries, I believe CruiseCompete even provides links directly to the Better Business Bureau reports on each agency--something it never hurts to check.

Cheers!

mmmgood Apr 5th, 2004 09:21 AM

check cruisequick.com I got great prices from them....they beat everyone by $400.

moondoggie Apr 6th, 2004 09:06 AM

If you are serious and know EXACTLY what you want, then try CruiseComplete.com. I got the best deal there with little effort. But be prepared to book with them, don't use it as a fishing expedition! I am pleased with their service.

wt88 Apr 9th, 2004 01:58 PM

I booked directly with Cruise Value Center for a cruise in Nov. 2003. It was fine, no problem. Great price. You can go to Cruise Value Center webiste to find the price on many cruises.

bingo Apr 12th, 2004 07:12 AM

Hello MichelleU,

We booked a Bermuda cruise through cruisebrothers about 7 months ago for our upcoming June cruise. My in-laws had gone to a local travel agents that they had used and got a price that they thought was good but slightly high. They then put me to work on it. Since my wife and I were going with them, I had no problem with the task.

I called cruisebrothers since I was familiar with them. They gave a better price. At the same time I made a request using cruisecompete. I got about 6 responses with 2 of them lower then cruisebrothers. I called cruisebrothers back and they were able to match the lower price. We were able to save about $125 over the original quote and about $175 over the first travel agent the in-laws inquired with. Taking into consideration we have 5 travelers, this was a great savings.

I would have used the travel agents from cruisecompete but in this case I did not have great confidence in the agents that responded with the lower prices. Sorry but I do need to have a phone (toll free or not) and fax number of the agents I deal with along with knowing where they are located, an address. I do not mind if someone works off of their kitchen table but if the only contact info I have on them is a yahoo or hotmail email address, that is not a confidence booster.

Bingo

triathlete Apr 14th, 2004 08:46 AM

Bingo:

The CruiseCompete quotes I've seen do give phone numbers--but I agree with you, if all I had was a hotmail address, I'd be nervous too. CruiseCompete also has a feature where--if you click on "Why you can trust this agency" that they have a link to an online Better Business Bureau report--kind of nice to know.