Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Any feedback on a Celebrity Galaxy cruise to the So. Carib?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 1998, 06:25 PM
Carol

We are flying into Puerto Rico in 2 wks. and then onto a Galaxy cruise to 5 different islands...(St. Lucia, Barbados, Antigua, Martinique, St. Thomas)... Any feedback/tips (pos/neg) from anyone??? <BR> <BR>Thanks in advance!!!

Old Nov 27th, 1998, 02:08 AM
Paul

<BR>Celebrity cruises are highly recommended. They are very elegant for a reasonably priced cruise line. The food is rated excellent, not too gourmet. The service is just about the best. <BR>The ships are beautiful and very well maintained. The tours are standard as most all cruise lines use the same tour companies. One word of advice, do not go wandering off alone in isolated areas in the Caribbean islands. <BR>Be especially carefully in Puerto Rico since the island has not recovered from the hurricane. Many desperate residents. stay with your tour group and keep money and passport or I.D. hidden on body.

Old Nov 30th, 1998, 02:01 PM
Mary

Hi Carol: <BR> <BR>My husband and I are booked to take this same cruise in spring of '99. I notice that you are going to St. Lucia instead of Catalina Island. Has Celebrity changed their itinerary? I was just wondering...when you get back from your cruise, would you send me an update of your experience? Thanks!!! <BR> <BR>I hope you have a wonderful cruise! Enjoy!!!

Old Nov 30th, 1998, 02:08 PM
Carol

Hi Mimi: We were told that the cruise was also booked for Catalina Island. Just read an Internet post about a week ago that mentioned the new itinerary. <BR> <BR>We checked with the Celebrity Cruise site, and sure enough, it's been changed to St. Lucia! <BR> <BR>Will definitely re-post to you after we return... <BR> <BR>Carol <BR>

Old Jan 9th, 1999, 11:34 AM
Dot

We are planning to go on the same cruise - in Feb 99- can you tell me anything I should do - not do - places to go or not go. Trips booked thru the ship or on our own - We are going with 6 other couples and we were originally booked for the Monarch of the Seas - and it has been put in dry dock until it gets repaired and our travel agent has booked us on the Galaxy instead - we have heard some nice things about the ship - but since you've just come back would appreciate hearing from you. Please e-mail me. We are not sure where our cabins are (inside) and we do have late dinner seating - thank you.

Old Jan 10th, 1999, 03:57 AM
Linda

We are really curious as to how your trip went. We are booked on the same cruise, leaving the end of January. Because of the weather conditions in the midwest, we have planned to arrive in San Juan a day early and take in some of the sights. (We also plan to do the same at the end of our trip so we can get our "sea legs" accustomed to dry land again. <BR> <BR>Do you have any suggestions on "must see" places to visit? We are getting really excited about the trip and look forward to hearing from you. <BR> <BR>Tom and Linda

Old May 17th, 1999, 07:38 AM
Julie

How was your trip? We are taking this cruise in Jan 2000 and would like to get some must-do's and some don't do's. I have been to Antigua so I already know what I want to do there. Any other info would be appreciated.

Old Jun 3rd, 1999, 09:45 AM
Suzy

My husband & I took this exact cruise in January. It was fabulous. The ship is beautiful, very clean, service was impeccable, food was great, and too many wonderful activities on board as well as things to do at the islands. You will absolutely love it and enjoy the different mix of islands. Helicopter trip in St. Thomas was wonderful. I would encourage a good mix of a few planned shore excursions and excursions on your own. I wouldn't suggest taking the excursion in St. Lucia to see the Pitons (2 big mountains at south of island). I hear it is a LONG day - and that evening, the ship sails right by them on her way to Barbados. You'll love it!