Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Any cruises spend more than 1 day in port???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 08:21 AM
bj

Are there any lines that offer cruises where you stay in port more than a few hours??? I just completed my first cruise and felt rushed the entire time we were in port. Maybe I'm just not cruise material but I would have prefered to spend less time at sea, fewer ports of call and more time in each one. I can't recall seeing any cruise that stays in one port for 2 days. Any reasons for this or do most cruisers really only want the quick island overview. Call me curious.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 11:26 AM
BJ

Hey.....another BJ!<BR>You know, I don't recall ever seeing a cruise out of anywhere in the USA (assuming that's where you're referring to) to anywhere (the Caribbean, Mexico, Alaska, Panama Canal) where you have more than a full day (often, it's a partial day) in any port.<BR>Perhaps there are cruises leaving from Europe and cruising various European destinations that offer longer on each port. So many countries in Europe are quite small compared to the USA, distances being shorter may mean longer port visits.<BR>I could be wrong so suggest you look in your phone book's yellow pages, call a CRUISE ONLY Travel Agent and ask them. Cruises are their speciality; after all, that's all they sell.<BR>Good luck and please post back here what you learn.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 11:47 AM
Frank

Bermuda cruises from New York spend 2 or 3 days in Bermuda, on a 7 day cruise. Some lines dock at 2 different ports, usually Hamilton and the other names escapes me.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 05:39 PM
Bobbie

Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas has a day and a half in Aruba on Feb.<BR>and April dates.