I'm planning a trip to the Antarctic next year and need some advice. I want to go on an expedition boat, and would like to spend as much time on the islands as possible. I'm deciding between Lindblad/National Geo and Zegrahm. Both offer roughly similar itineraries for trips that include South Georgia and the continent. There are three possible start dates: November 5, 2018, January 24, 2019 and February 13, 2019. Zegrahm's boat holds ~100 passengers. Lindblad offers two boats, one holding ~100 passengers and one holding ~143 passengers. Can someone help with the following questions: (1) Does anyone have experience with Zegrahm or an opinion of how they compare to Lindblad? (2) How would a trip starting on November 5 compare to one starting on January 24? I've read that the snow and ice will be more pristine in November, but is November too early to see penguin chicks? (3) Should I avoid the 143 passenger boat if I want to have max time on the islands. I spoke to Lindblad and they said that there is no difference in the amount of time you get to be on the islands with the two boats. This conflicts somewhat with what I've heard about the 100 person limit for people on a landing at any one time. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 शिकार Norton 1800:681 :7208 CONTACT Norton Techh care BxJ
- 2 The Baltic - When itinerary means everything
- 3 Flight Back to US after Transatlantic Cruise
- 4 Need help European Cruise -viking Ocean Cruise Barcelona to Rome
- 5 Vking Mediterrnean Odyssey Ocean Cruises by Viking
- 6 Vking Ocean Cruises 2019?
- 7 Help! RCCL AOS
- 8 Cabin choices
- 9 Hotel -Miami before cruise
- 10 ALASKAN CRUISE
- 11 Viking changes itinerary
- 12 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 13 Danube River Cruise - agent
- 14 Rhine River or Mosel Cruise info
- 15 Take it when you see it
- 16 Travel time needed from Basel to Zurich airport?
- 17 Choosing a first cruise
- 18 Almost serious
- 19 Did it! Booked!
- 20 Beaches from cruise
- 21 Antarctica Quark Expedition Travel Report
- 22 Scenic cruise advice
- 23 Time to Explore St Petersburg
- 24 Transfer from Fiumicino to Civitavecchia
- 25 Antarctica Cruise--Zegrahm or Lindblad and time to go