All Inclusive cruises?

May 29th, 2001, 04:13 PM
Doug

All Inclusive cruises?

Is there any such thing as an all-inclusive cruise in the Carribbean? If yes, which lines, and are they worth it? Thanks for any info.

May 30th, 2001, 07:14 AM
Linda

Doug,

Give a better idea of what you are really asking when you say "all-inclusive". I don't know if you mean the actual cruise portion or mean one that also includes shore excursions. There are ones that include the tips and drinks but they are much more expensive that a "normal" cruise line. I don't believe there are any in the Caribbean that include all the excursions. You might be best to figure out exactly what you think you will be interested in and compare the lines. You will probably do better to just book a nice cruise and put aside money for the extras and consider it as part of the original cost. How much difference does it make if you pay up front in an "all-inclusive" or pay at the end as long as you have budgeted for those expenses?

May 30th, 2001, 06:36 PM
Doug

Thanks for the reply Linda. By all-inclusive I'm referring only to the on-board expenses. I realize it probably wouldn't be possible to have an all-inclusive which included shore excursions because of the vast array of possibilities. We are planning a trip for March 2002, and one of our friends suggests all-inclusive would be best since you wouldn't have the shock of a bill with the 'extras' to pay at the end of the cruise, i.e. drinks and tips and whatever else you spend money on on-board. I couldn't find any Caribbean cruise line which offered 'all-inclusive' and hence my question.

May 30th, 2001, 06:47 PM
Andy

Yes- Crystal-inludes NO tipping policy and incl.all alcohol and wine with dinner-but quite costly and high end.
Also Holland America,Windstar, also say tipping is included-but you pay for alcohol and wine.Again,these are more high end cruises. Most other cruises incl ALL meals -beer,wine,liquor,soft drinks are extra- and tipping is expected.

May 30th, 2001, 08:00 PM
Cathy

Good question, Doug.

In terms of price, and depending on where you live, an land based all inclusive may be less expensive, especially if you like to drink, because all the alchol will be included. I live on the Gulf Coast and it all inclusives to Cancun are very inexpensive.
The advantage of a cruise is that you can visit several islands. With a land based all inclusive, if you don't like the island you are on, you are stuck there for 6-7 days.