Alaska, Princess Star with Kids?

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Denise

Alaska, Princess Star with Kids?

We'd like to cruise Alaska with kids on August 17? Since I have miles for free flights, Princess gave me a decent quote on the new Star Princess. I am worried about my kids, an 11 year old boy and 6 year old girl since Princess limits the number of kids to 150 (with 2000 passengers). Historically Alaska is an older person cruise. Has anybody sailed the Star Princess to Alaska with their kids? Is Royal Car really better for kids? Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks very much.

Old May 4th, 2002, 11:10 AM
julie

Not that ship, but we sailed on Princess with two teens (age 13 and 15) and they had the time of their life. They have a teen center with supervised activities that kept our kids going all day, and into the eve. Seldom ever saw them, and they enjoyed the shore excursions too.

Old May 4th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Theresa

Star Princess is a new ship and has not been to Alaska yet. She is only a couple of months old.<BR><BR>I have been on her sister ship 2x and loved it.<BR><BR>The kids on Princess seem to be having the time of their life. I wouldn't hesitate to go.

Old May 5th, 2002, 07:31 PM
pianomaster

We'll be taking our two kids on Legend of the Seas this August. They are almost 12 and 15. Tell me how fascinated will they be w/out seeing our faces all day??? We will bring mother in law. Tell me what fascinating things she can expect, too. Hopefully, we'll see each other for meals only...(just kidding).

Old May 18th, 2002, 01:59 PM
Susan

I was on the Star Princess last week for her trip up the coast. Your kids will love it, and so will you!