Alaska cruises-one way?

Apr 6th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Alaska cruises-one way?

I just stumbled upon some excellent bargains for Alaska cruises, but was wondering about the one way cruise. How do you get back to continental US? Is there a fun, inexpensive way to get back to Seattle?
We have free Southwest tickets and could fly into Seattle for free, but what then? I would be traveling with hubby and two teens, and no, walking is not an option!
Apr 6th, 2009, 01:46 PM

You fly - that is really only reasonable option. But it is not cheap - just checked random dates in July and it is $250 per person one way. Since walking is not an option, swimming?

You are beginning to experience the Alaska problem - it is very expensive, even in current economy and with careful shopping for deals and specials. But it is also a wonderful trip if you can afford it - we went last June with DH and 2 almost-adult kids.
Apr 6th, 2009, 03:45 PM

Only option is to fly back, or do a back to back 7 days plus 7 days cruise: 7 up and 7 down.

If you have not been on an Alakan cruise, try the inside passage if you don't want to spend the money on airfare. Book round trip Vancouver and pick one that goes as far North as possible.

For one way, BudgetQueen had stated she prefer the south bound as you are travelling through daylight on the way south through the scenic nside passage. I prefer the Northbound for the progression. It's personal.
Apr 7th, 2009, 08:17 AM

The Alaska cruises have been going real cheap, a Back to back is an excellent idea to consider. Using your free flights, you would need to add a day on each end and transfer yourself to/from Vancouver. One way rental car, Amtrak, buses.
Apr 23rd, 2009, 04:27 PM

Actually, I am looking for a one-way cruise TO Seattle (not Vancouver) on or about Aug 9. Aug 8 or prior will not work because I must be in Anchorage area on the 8th...all day. Would love to fly to Anc on the 6th and cruise back to US (no passport). Is anyone aware of such a cruise?

I have not bought plane tickets, but have researched and I can fly from my home to Anc...and from Seattle home. A bit more expensive, but that's what I'm looking for.

Search this Thread