Reload this Page >

Anyone cruised Triumph?!

Search

Anyone cruised Triumph?!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 1999, 11:26 AM
Pam Perleberg

Anyone cruised Triumph?!

Am planning on taking Triumph Apr. 8th - my first cruise! Wondering what it is like? Also - am taking Western Carib. route - any excursion suggestions? Thanks!

Old Dec 16th, 1999, 05:27 AM
Jill

Carnival's website provides info on available excursions. Cruiseopinion.com provides lots of info relative to the Triumph ...

Old Dec 16th, 1999, 06:41 PM
pkerr

Pam- <BR> <BR>I have not been on the Triumph but on the Destiny, which I believe is the sister ship (same layout) We also did the Western Caribbean. We enjoyed Grand Cayman and went on a private excursion through Captain Marvins. It was great. The excursion through the ship were jammed with people. We found them on the web and called for reservations. You do have to get your own transportation to the office, but we had no problem finding a cab and we had 12 people! Another thing we liked was in Jamaica - climbing the falls. We went on the Cool Runnings tour through the ship. They guide you up the falls. My 7 year old thought it was the best part of the trip. Alot of great music and fun on the way back. As for Cozumel we did the "unlimited" snorkel tour. It wasn't the best. We heard other people talk about just taking a cab to another spot called Chankanuba (sp) or something like that. They said it was good. We did go into town and went to Carlos and Charlies during the day. Some say it gets rowdy at night, but it was fine during the day. Anyway - have fun.

Old Dec 26th, 1999, 11:37 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Dear Jill, <BR> <BR>I am a travel agent and have been on 55 cruises. I am pretty good at inspecting ships. <BR> <BR>I sailed the Triumph East Coast trip. The ship is absolutely gorgeous. Gone are the flashing neon lights and the Las Vegas touch. All brass, wood and glass. Gone are the geometric carpet designs and the wild colored staterooms. <BR> <BR>One thing that has not changed is the great fun and the good food. The East Coast trip is fairly devoid of children although I doubt the Caribbean would be the same. <BR> <BR>The shore tours in the Caribbean would be the same as other cruise lines since all lines use the same companies. Prices do vary between lines, of course. <BR> <BR>The ship is well laid out (same as the Destiny) and you do not feel crowded except during dinner and show hours. <BR> <BR>One hint: Be sure to find the N.Y. Deli as soon as possible before everyone else does. It's the greatest. Hope Carnival incorporates the deli on their other ships. <BR> <BR>The room stewards run hot and cold as on all ships. Be sure to hit him on the head a few times and laugh at his mistakes. It's part of the cruise experience. <BR> <BR>All the staterooms are large and plenty of room for storage and walking around beds. As per all Carnival ships. <BR> <BR>The entertainment is fabulous (same as other CCL ships). The children's program is very good and the dining room waiters are very good and much fun. <BR> <BR>You will be amazed at this CCL ship. <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Jan 25th, 2000, 12:10 PM
Debbie

Looks like we'll miss by one week---I'm booked to take the Triumph April 15 (Eastern) . I have sailed the Destiny and stayed on for two weeks--loved it. The food was great and the staff and crew are much more personable than they used to be. This will be cruise number 31 for me (no I'm not a travel agent but hope to be one once I retire from my present job.) I think you'll have a good time. The excursion to Stingray city was especially enjoyable. I also loved the submarine. So many things to do in such a short time (I've been there 5-6 times). I love Grand Cayman! <BR> The western Caribbean is a good area if you like to snorkel or dive. <BR> Just go to the excursion previews on board and listen to what they have to offer. They will help you plan your free time and will answer questions for you. In this day and age, they have made it a lot easier to book excursions than in the early 70's. (You can do it right from your cabin now). <BR> Enjoy the food, relax, don't get uptight about small problems. <BR> Have a great trip. <BR>