Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/)
-   -   Age range on Celebrity's Century (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/age-range-on-celebritys-century-103297/)

RYeager Jan 31st, 2001 01:11 PM

Age range on Celebrity's Century

We are trying to decide between Carnival's Destiny and Celebrity's Century. I have been looking at some people's experience on both on cruiseopinion.com, this site is very helpfull. <BR> <BR>It seems like the age group on Century is alot older and people tend to dress up more. <BR>I am 30, husband is 37 and my sister is coming with us and she is 25. None of us are looking forward to dressing up on vacation. <BR> <BR>Aside from dress and age group, the Century sounds more appealing. If anyone give me their opinions from past experiences, I would really appreciate it. <BR> <BR>Thanks in advance.

Theresa Jan 31st, 2001 06:03 PM

Carnival will have a younger crowd - Celebrity will have an "older crowd" but I doubt you will feel out of place on Celebrity. I am 30 and sailing Celebrity's millennium next month. <BR> <BR>I think that Celebrity has a better product (service, food, etc. . ) but I would not hesitate to sail Carnial again - especially on Destiny or Victory.

John Jan 31st, 2001 07:39 PM

We sailed Century last summer. Our group ranged from 29 to 39 and everyone loved it. There were all ages on board. If the prices are similar, ALWAYS choose Celebrity over Carnival. <BR> <BR>We had folks in our group who didn't like the "dress up" idea either. It's not that hard to wear khakis and a polo shirt for the casual nights and a suit or nice blazer for the dress ups. Some people wore tuxes, yes, but most didn't.

Chris Feb 1st, 2001 05:55 AM

I think you're trying to compare driving a chevrolet to a mercedes. Definitely go with Celebrity if price is not a concern. You will find all ages on board a Celebrity ship. You will certainly find many people near your age. If you don't want to dress up for dinner you can always eat in the casual restaurant at night.

Paul Therault Feb 1st, 2001 09:08 PM

<BR>You are about the correct age for Celebrity. You will have a great time. <BR> <BR>Most passengers enjoy getiing dressed up for dinner. I am not talking sequins. <BR> <BR>In any event do not eat in the buffet every night for dinner. A buffet is a buffet, is a buffet. You will miss wonderful white-glove dining experiences. <BR> <BR>This is country-club living and their spas are wonderful. <BR> <BR>Paul

ryeager Feb 2nd, 2001 05:47 AM

Thanks to everyone that posted. We have decided to go with the Celebrity Century. We can't wait!! <BR>I will write back after my trip. <BR> <BR>Thanks again!!

Wendy Mar 7th, 2001 05:18 PM

Hi - I am in the 35-40 crowd and am traveling with family on the Century next month. I will let you know, but truthfully I think you find all ages on most ships - and isn't it really just a "state of mind" : )