Reload this Page >

Wine/Wine glasses/Mercury

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 05:48 AM
Tannya

This may seem a strange question but I'll ask anyway. My husband and I enjoy wine with dinner and can be very picky about the wine and even the glass it is served in. We usually carry our own wine glasses with us when we dine out and when we travel. I was wondering if anyone remembers the wine selection and the wine glasses used for red wine on the Mercury. I hate to tug along my glasses if their's seem to be nice big balloon style glasses. Thanks, Tannya

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 04:46 AM
yes

I don't know the answer to your question, but why don't you try calling the cruise line? <BR> <BR>Now I have a question for you -- do you carry arsenols of wine glasses? I'm imagining a kind of metal attache case with foam inside. I'm not trying (too much) to be a wise-guy, but I'm asking because I'd never think to do that, and I wouldn't know what kind to bring (Beaujolais glasses, Bordeaux glasses, etc), because I never know what I'm going to order.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 07:52 AM
Hunh?

With all of the world's horrors and injustices, this is the biggest concern in your life? Must be nice to be so sheltered and frighteningly self-indulgent. <BR> <BR>Be happy you can afford a vacation and get human.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 09:06 AM
Tannya

I was under the impression that the purpose of this discussion board was to ask questions and gain knowledge about a topic concerning travel/vacation. I'm glad there aren't too many obnoxious posters that seem to search out opportunities to be rude to those of us looking to make our vacation more enjoyable. My mother taught me that if I couldn't say something nice I should keep my mouth shut. I'm glad she did.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 11:33 AM
Sam

Bravo Tannya! Ever notice that all the derogatory comments come from posters with fake email addresses? You were just looking for input from fellow cruisers and that IS what this message board is for. Sam

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 09:47 PM
Oaktown Traveler

Tannya: <BR> <BR>I am shaking my head. You really rarely get the responses that you got on this thread. <BR> <BR>I wish I could answer your question about the Mercury but if you want to read all about the wines that my DH(darling husband) brought for us on our cruise in May then go to www.cruisecritic.com. Get to the Fashion Boards, under cruise questions, and look for 10 Princess Travel Tales by Oaktown Traveler. <BR> <BR>P.S. The above site is a GREAT place to spend HOURS talking about your question and a million other cruise questions. <BR> <BR>Happy Travels <BR>My Very Best <BR>Oaktown <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 01:55 AM
alex

I've just got back from a cruise northbound on the Mercury. Fantastic! We took some of our own wine, you are charged $6 corkage plus 15% gratuity. As I remember the wine glasses for red are balloon style, bulbous glasses. However, I am not usually that picky! Hope this helps. And yes, your Q is perfectly legitimate. It's YOUR holiday and YOU should enjoy it!

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 04:21 AM
Tannya

Thanks to all that had suggestions. I appreciate the input! <BR>Tannya