Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page > Advice for on shore excursions for a Oceania Rome to Venice cruise

Advice for on shore excursions for a Oceania Rome to Venice cruise

Jul 8th, 2012, 07:56 PM
grk
Original Poster

Advice for on shore excursions for a Oceania Rome to Venice cruise

We are taking a Rome to Venice cruise on Oceania in October. The ports are Rome, Monte Carlo, La Spezia, Florence/Pisa/Tuscany, Amalfi/Postiano/, Sicily, Corfu, Greece, Kotor, Montenegro, Dubrovnik,Croatia, Venice. We plan to stay two additional days in Rome and one additional day in Venice.

This will be our first cruise and we not sure on which shore excursions to take. Their are a number of excursions by Oceania at each port. We can get discounts depending on how many we take. They offer an unlimited package that will save us 40% off their a la carte prices. We are just not sure if we should look for private tours in these ports or if we can manage ourselves. We would appreciate any suggestions.
Jul 9th, 2012, 03:49 AM

We found Venice, Dunrovnik, and Corfu very easy to tour on our own.

In Amalfi, we used Giovanni from www.tourofitaly.com to take us (and four other passengers) on an all day tour of the Amalfi coast, stopping in Amalfi, Sorrento, Positano, and Ravello.

The Roll Call board at www.cruisecritic.com is an excellent place to meet fellow passengers and arrange private tours.
Jul 9th, 2012, 05:14 AM

I use a company called Viator for all my clients. They are the cheapest supplier and they offer the best service. If you are using a Travel Professional to book your cruise ask them for a recommendation. If you are not working with anyone please feel free to contact me. My husband and I just came off an MSC cruise and we stopped at many of the same stops you have listed above. I have family that still lives in Sicily and Italy so of course I think those will be the most beautiful stops you will make. Safe travels.
Jul 15th, 2012, 05:15 PM

La Spezia will be easy to walk up the easy hill to the railroad station and get the Hop on/Hop off train to Cinca Terra.. Go to all the stops, get off, get back on but walk from Manerola to Riomaggio..Return by the traion to L.S. and board your ship. Oceania excursions tend to be over priced we have found. And yes, by all means check out roll call...
Jul 30th, 2012, 02:00 PM

I think we are on the same cruise at the end of October . Looking for the same info. Want it to be as easy as possible, Bringing my Mom, her Bucket list. She is 81. Any info would help. Thank you

Search this Thread