Reload this Page >

Access to Beach at Atlantis

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2001, 08:49 PM
Sonya

This weekend I will be cruising aboard the Explorer of the Seas and can hardly wait! While in Nassau I plan to pay the $25 fee to visit the aquarium at the Atlantis resort. Is the beach at the Atlantis reserved only for guests of the resort? Would I be able to enjoy the beach, too? Thanks!

Old May 21st, 2001, 09:26 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Sonya, <BR> <BR>Up until 2 years ago the water park pools and beaches were available for cruise ship passengers. Times have changed sorry. <BR> <BR>You can swim at any of the other hotels on Paradise Island. the shuttles will take you there for $4 pp. <BR> <BR>Paul

Old May 22nd, 2001, 07:28 AM
D

You might also want to check out your ship's excursions. I'm going on the Sovereign of the Seas in June and they offer a couple excursions to visit Atlantis and one of them included beach time.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 01:15 PM
Marilyn

Sonya, <BR> <BR>The beach at Atlantis is actually a public beach and you do not have to pay for it. Sometimes they check your entrance to "The Digs" and sometimes not. You do have to be a guest to use the slides, etc. <BR> <BR>Paul, <BR>What shuttle is only $4 per person and where do you catch it?

Old May 22nd, 2001, 03:23 PM
Gail

YOu can get a water taxi right at the pier for $3 to Paradise Island. It drops you off within a short walking distance of Atlantis.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 06:14 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Do not take the water taxi to save $1 unless you bring your rosary beads. <BR> <BR>The shuttles pick you up at the gangway of the ship.

Old May 24th, 2001, 07:37 PM
Kristen

I worked on a cruise ship and every time we went to Nassau we went to the beach at Atlantis. We never paid a cent. Sometimes they have people guarding the entrances to the pool area (which leads to the beach) but if you check other entrances you can usually get in some way. We've seen the aquarium every time too and never paid! Maybe that's deceitful, but there was no way we were spending any money to lay on that beach! I think it's public . . . you just can't use the beach chairs unless you're a guest.