Friends have ventured on these mammoth ocean liners and relatives have slipped onto the river boat cruises and all have survived...
We are a family that like the idea of independant travel and always 'shiyed' away from the cruise 'all in one' approach.
Yet with a (longingly saved for, eagerly awaited) Egypt/Europe holiday approaching soon (ok well over 12months away - so no bookings yet - so recommendations welcome!)
we are eager to hear comments from travellers who have taken a Nile cruise, Lake Nasser Cruise (or both), who have ventured through Italy or Turkey on boat and anywhere in between.
To give us some tips/hints on first time boardings.
Ie: is there such things 'sealegs' and how long does it take to get them, do you get them even on a river?
is a balcony room worth it?
best to not eat from the 'smorgasboard' to keep in better tummyhealth?
as you can see we have heard some 'interesting' stories from cruises.
feel free to enlighten us!!!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 MICROSOFT OFFICE Installation 1844~853:3131 Tec*h sup0rt care 24/7VS
- 2 Flight Back to US after Transatlantic Cruise
- 3 Need help European Cruise -viking Ocean Cruise Barcelona to Rome
- 4 Vking Mediterrnean Odyssey Ocean Cruises by Viking
- 5 Vking Ocean Cruises 2019?
- 6 Help! RCCL AOS
- 7 Cabin choices
- 8 Hotel -Miami before cruise
- 9 ALASKAN CRUISE
- 10 Viking changes itinerary
- 11 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 12 Danube River Cruise - agent
- 13 Rhine River or Mosel Cruise info
- 14 Take it when you see it
- 15 Travel time needed from Basel to Zurich airport?
- 16 Choosing a first cruise
- 17 Almost serious
- 18 Did it! Booked!
- 19 Beaches from cruise
- 20 Antarctica Quark Expedition Travel Report
- 21 Scenic cruise advice
- 22 Time to Explore St Petersburg
- 23 Transfer from Fiumicino to Civitavecchia
- 24 Antarctica Cruise--Zegrahm or Lindblad and time to go
- 25 Parking for Celebrity
a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending