Reload this Page >

4 day carnival cruise with a baby-OK?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 11:46 AM
roxanne

Have never cruised before, and am considering doing a 4 day thing from New Orleans to Mexico. Do they allow a 18 mos to go? Do they have any baby sitting available? Thanks for your help.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 09:32 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Roxanne,<BR><BR>Definitely bring your child. You do realize that your child will be with you most of the cruise but you will still have a great time. After all, you only get to enjoy your child for a very short time in life.<BR><BR>The children's program is not geared for youngsters under the age of two.<BR><BR>There is baby-sitting services on port days (mornings only) for $6 per hour. Be sure to sign up as soon as you get on board since the staff only volunteers for the service.<BR><BR>If you are lucky you may find a staff member that would like to earn additional money and babysit for you in the evening. Inquire and be willing to pay extra money.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 03:54 AM
gail

I would go, BUT - I am not sure I would trust babysitting for a kid that young. Would you leave your kid with a stranger at home?

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 11:01 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Gail,<BR><BR>You are absolutely correct. I would never leave my children with a babysitter, even at home. I enjoy my children so much I will not even let them eat with the kids in the program. I may be of the minority when I see what goes on with families on cruises. Out of sight, out of mind.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 06:48 PM
roxanne

I didn't mean to make it sound like I wanted to go dump her on someone. The only thing I was checking on is would it be appropriate for her to go, and if we wanted to go have a drink after dinner one evening for a couple hours while she slept do they have babysitting.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 10:33 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Roxanne,<BR><BR>I knew what you meant. I just gave a general statement. <BR><BR>Babysitting is done in your cabin.<BR><BR>Paul