Reload this Page >

2 places NOT to stay in Miami pre / post cruise

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 09:58 AM
linda

I don't include these things in my cruise reports- but this was so memorable it was worth mentioning. We booked the Ramada on Biscayne Bay pre-cruise. It was pretty bad! The shower head blew off on me when I turned it on. There were strange odors and stains on everything in the room- even the picture.<BR> Nothing could prepare me for the Days Inn airport North, however. This place was so dirty and smoky- there were ashtrays in the halls. Cigarette burns all over the carpets, chairs and bedspread. Orange and brown peeling wallpaper , aqua drapes, floral bedspread. And the bed made NOISE- I mean even when you turned over, LOL. The room had no thermostat and it was about 65 degrees. My extremities were blue. The water did not get hot.(It was cheap, however!!) Problem was, I couldn't sleep because I was worried the thing would burn down and my nose/eyes ran all night from the smoke.Next cruise- especially after all that luxury, I'm springing for a better hotel!One good thing- there was a restaurant in walking distance called the Peru Place which had excellent food, was homey and friendly and the portions were huge. (no I don't own it)

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:05 AM
Dan

The hotel that is inside the miami international airport really sucks. I had to get changed to a different room (which still sucked). For $200 per night, I expected a warm shower (the only options were scalding hot and ice cold. Also the a/c was broken and would not turn off (and it was set at 60 degrees). The ONLY benefit was it was close to catch a flight.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:19 AM
linda

Wow Dan! For my cold room/shower I paid 38.70!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:20 PM
Paul Therault

Linda is correct. I might add if you wish elegance and maintenance do not stay in a Days Inn or Ramada.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 03:28 PM
Patty

Add another one to the list... Fairfield Inn airport south (not to be confused with Fairfield Inn west). We picked this place because we were arriving very late and had some Marriott points to use. There was nothing wrong with the maintenance or cleanliness, but the hotel definitely does not have adequate sound proofing. Not a good choice if you want to get any sleep at all (and I'm not a light sleeper).

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:03 PM
Statia

Yes, my husband stayed at Ramada last year and the service was horrible. Another that we have used for years is Red Roof at MIA, but it's become quite deplorable, too. Now we're giving Baymont a try for those "overnighters."

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:29 PM
Phyllis

People,<BR><BR>look at the properties you are staying at!!

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:38 PM
ms

Don't end your sentences with prepositions....especiall "AT". Geeeeeeee

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 06:59 AM
Statia

Just for the record:<BR><BR>When I'm looking for simple cleanliness, security and a bed for about six hours, then the less expensive, chain hotels is the route I take. I reserve my top of the line hotel stays for times when I'll actually spend some WAKING time there. <BR><BR>I've had no problem with a lot of chain hotels, and others have been not so great experiences. On the other hand, I've also had good and bad experiences with top of the line hotels, as well.<BR><BR>It all boils down to individual management, not neccesarilly the name of the hotel.<BR><BR>

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:18 AM
linda

Right Statia,<BR> We just needed a bed...but wow, didn't expect it to be that bad, LOL. NEXT time, I will ask specific questions about hotel on the board...you know, "who has STAYED" there, etc.I think an extra 30-40 would be worth it just for something that's clean and doesn't reek of smoke.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 03:53 PM
Nora

Could save you a lot of headaches.