2 nights in Vancouver pre Sun Princess

Feb 17th, 2005, 03:55 AM
Original Poster

2 nights in Vancouver pre Sun Princess

We're arriving in Vancouver 2 days early prior to the Sun Princess sailing on August 1, 2005. Any good suggestions on where to stay (don't want to break the bank early on this) and what to do in Vancouver?
Feb 17th, 2005, 04:44 AM

We did this a year ago and stayed in a delightful small hotel right downtown. It's Le Soleil and their concierge's name is Natalie - she was a wealth of information about the area and set everything up for us. Have fun - Vancouver is a beautiful city!
Feb 17th, 2005, 05:04 AM

Hi
I would suggest using Priceline to get unbelivable bargains. But first go to BiddingForTravel.com and find out how to navigate the system.
Feb 18th, 2005, 10:16 AM

I second the Priceline suggestion. Last June we spent 2 nights in a beautful room at the Pinnacle Marriot for 75/nt, high season.
Feb 19th, 2005, 01:19 PM

As far as what to do in Vancouver, Granville Island is a great place to go to. The main attraction on the island is the market that sells many fresh foods along with baked goods, etc. There are also alot of small unique little stores in the area.

Another popular place to visit is Stanley Park. Be sure to walk along the seawall (very close to Stanley Park) for beautiful views of the ocean. If you take the entire walk, it is approximately 2 hours.

Visit the Canadian Forum if you would like more ideas on Vancouver. There are many more things to see and do. It is a beautiful city to visit.

PS, I will be travelling on the Sun Princess this March to the Caribbean.

Feb 19th, 2005, 01:53 PM

I did Priceline for 4 nights at the end of June. Got the Hyatt for $80.