Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page > 2 night stay at ft lauderdale and no rental car.

2 night stay at ft lauderdale and no rental car.

Feb 10th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

2 night stay at ft lauderdale and no rental car.

We're getting in late (1am)and could only acquire two night stay at the Westin downtown. We have lots of luggage and kids. Does anyone know how long or expensive the cab ride is from the air port and than to port everglades? In addition, does any one know if the weston is kid friendly and is there any thing there in walking distance? What about safety in the area.

Thanks
Feb 10th, 2005, 01:12 PM

There is lots downtown but I am not sure where the Westin is. Las Olas Blvd has lots of restaurants and window shopping, but is pretty upscale. The airport is not too far from any part of downtown and the beach is also a possibility.

Did you contact the hotel directly and ask about a shuttle? They can give you fares for taxis, etc and make a recommendation.
Feb 10th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your advice. We were told that the cab ride would be over $30 and I somehow thought they were wrong. I was just checking in with someone who may have tried to go to corportate blvd. Probably in the middle of an industrial park. Any info would be helpful. thanks
Feb 10th, 2005, 03:31 PM

I don't know where the Westin is either.

Most of the hotels DT (Embassy Suites, Renaissance, Marriott, Amerisuites) are about a $10 cab ride from the airport and about $5-7 to the pier.

The Westin is probably farther off (I am familiar with those near the cruise pier)- maybe the Westin is closer to the financial district.

Search this Thread