Reload this Page >

1st Time Cruising

Search

1st Time Cruising

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2000, 11:46 AM
Tom

1st Time Cruising

I need help picking a cruise line. I would be travelling with my wife & 2 kids (9 & 10). I am sure the kids would love the Disney line. However, are there any other lines that the adults & kids would love equally? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Old Sep 8th, 2000, 03:38 PM
bruce

My family and I are going on RCI's Grandeur of the Seas in December. My kids are 6 & 10. RCI has a good kids program, fun with a little bit of learning snuck in. I've heard that Carival's kids program is a little lax on supervision. Princess's kids program looked good too, but I was told that their quad cabins sleeping arrangements only make up into 2 sets of twin bunkbeds. The Disney ships have extra large cabins and the bathrooms are extra large as well. In fact, they are a bath and a half. The kids areas looked dark to me in their brochures, no windows. Also, often very many kids on Disney. Read some cruise review web sites. I like www.cruisemates.com for reviews and other info. <BR>Good luck, Bruce

Old Sep 8th, 2000, 08:32 PM
Hondu

Silliness about lax supervision on Carnival. Isn't it strange that people who comment on Carnival are always saying "a friend told me" or " I heard" or "etc." Most of them making comments have never sailed on Carnival. <BR> <BR>Carnival has the best Kids program. Lots to do and the kids are never bored and well supervised. <BR> <BR>If you want a premium line, try Princess. The Grand Princess and the Sun Class ships have a good program too.

Old Sep 16th, 2000, 05:07 AM
Debbie

We have cruised with our 5 children on Disney twice. It is a great cruise for both adults and children. The children's program by far is the best of any ship we have ever cruised on...as a matter of fact they are so good to the kids that they never want to spend any time with us and we have a great time doing adult things! It is quite comforting to be given a beeper to be kept in touch if we are needed to retrieve our children. Also, the food was great. And the Disney beach if the cleanest, most beautiful beach around. Many beach activites from snorkeling to kayak, to an adult only beach. Try it!

Old Sep 16th, 2000, 10:24 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Dear Tom, <BR> <BR>I am a travel agent and have sailed most ships. <BR> <BR>Princess, I believe has the best children's program including quality prizes and gifts. All cruise lines have the same amount of supervision including Carnival. IF you let your kids run around unsupervised they will do so. <BR> <BR>Although Disney has children's rooms without windows they do not stay in the rooms except for limited activities. All cruise lines have activities all around the ship. <BR> <BR>Paul