Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/)
-   -   15 Day Carribean Cruise (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/15-day-carribean-cruise-607320/)

carolrita Apr 12th, 2006 02:51 PM

15 Day Carribean Cruise

My husband & myself will be taking a 15 day Carribean cruise on April 22, 06. We would appreciate info., on places of interest or best beaches, as well as snorkeling. I will put a copy of our ittinerary. Thanks so much for helping us to have the best time & making the most of the time we will have.
Apr, 25--11am--10pm--San Juan
Apr.26--7am--5pm--St Thomas
Apr.27--7am--3pm--Basseterre-St. Kits-Nevis
Apr.28--10am--6pm--Bridgetown, Barbados
Apr.30--7am--7pm--Oranjestad, Aruba
May 1--7am--4pm--Wilemstad, Netherland
Antilles
May 4--7am--3pm--Great StirrupCay,
Bahamas
I will be looking for any info anyone can offer.

carolisle Apr 19th, 2006 11:57 AM

Read the shore excursion booklet that the cruise company offers and pick what your interests are. Everyone is different! Get a Fodor Carribean Book at the library.

triathlete Apr 19th, 2006 01:55 PM

Wow! That's quite a long itinerary--lots of sea days to relax. Here are a few thoughts for you:

Apr, 25--11am--10pm--San Juan

I'd suggest the El Junque rain forest in the AM and touring the forts at Old San Juan in the early evening (they should be open...) If you can only do one thing, tour the forts.

Apr.26--7am--5pm--St Thomas

Snorkel tour to St. John is nice. Lots of shopping here too.

Apr.27--7am--3pm--Basseterre-St. Kits-Nevis

We did a horse-back tour into the rain forest in St. Kitts--it was memorable. They also have some really beautiful beaches. Went to "monkey beach"--paradise with waiters bringing you drinks...

Apr.30--7am--7pm--Oranjestad, Aruba

Snorkelling at Baby Beach is outstanding. You might rent a jeep and tour the island--not really that much to see. I think I heard that the natural bridge collapsed. Make it a beach day.

That covers all of the ports I've been too. Have a great trip!

katybird Apr 21st, 2006 04:12 AM

I always recommend an all day private sail in St. Thomas.
www.sailyachtnightwind.com.
A very personalized experience and only 12 people onboard for our trip.
St. Kitts - We got a cab at the dock and toured the fort,went to the batik place and gardens and beach..generally toured the island. The drivers will take you anywhere you want to go for about $25 PP.
Aruba - took the ship's sail and snorkle to a ship wreck..DO NOT RECOMMEND! 84 people onboard, crowded with many ships at the same site..a real zoo!
HAve fun! The itinerary sounds perfect!

Suerich68 Apr 21st, 2006 08:29 AM

We've just returned from a few of your ports.

Please be aware that El Yunque, the rain forest, is about 1 1/2 hours each way from the Port. That will take up most of your day in SJ.

St. Thomas has a couple of sights, but mostly shopping, shopping, shopping.

Have a great time.