Review-Carnival Glory

Search

Review-Carnival Glory

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2018, 06:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review-Carnival Glory

I went on a cruise with my best friend November 11-18 on Carnival Cruise ship "Glory". I hadn't been on a cruise in 20 years so I thought I would give it a try again. I can now say I will never go on another cruise ever again. It is simply because I have been on all-inclusive land vacations at least 6 times to various locations in Mexico and Jamaica and those vacations are far superior to the cruise I experienced.
Besides the cruise itself, I paid for a $400 drink package because every drink with the exception of tap water or iced tea and coffee are $4 plus. But even with the drink package I ended up with another bill for $290 which included the dollar tips, the two games of bingo, one room service and $90 in gratuity fees and one upgraded dinner. I chose not to go on any excursions as they were very expensive and I have done those excursions before. The food was not very good, definitely not high quality. The upgraded meal which was excellent but heard from other cruise goers that the upgraded meal would have been a typical meal on a more expensive cruise so I guess you get what you pay for even though the cruise was $950 each. The entertainment was limited. Getting off the ship at the ports was like a cattle call. My friend got bronchitis and was sick enough to see the ship doctor so her medical bill was $500 for 4 nebulizer treatments, two scripts and an x-ray. One little seminar after a bingo game featured a promotional speaker pushing the purchase of a "Fun Finds" coupon book with "$2000 worth of coupons" for $25. Unfortunately I fell for it. The coupons were mostly for other ports that we were not traveling to and expired at the end of the month, a complete waste of money and just added to the feeling of being ripped off. On an all-inclusive land vacation, all drinks are included, activities are well planned and not for an extra cost, the rooms are large and luxurious and there are no long lines, plenty of restaurant choices and all the beach you can ask for. Maybe other ships do a better job but I won't wait to find out. My next vacation will be an all inclusive lad vacation, no more cruises for me.
Old Jan 9th, 2018, 01:04 AM

Sorry you had a bad experience. Cruising is not for everyone
so sticking to an all-inclusive vacation is the right decision
for you.
Old Jan 9th, 2018, 05:29 AM

Don't judge all cruise companies by the "Walmart of the Seas". Princess is markedly better!

Old Jan 9th, 2018, 06:44 AM

Life will be so much easier now that you never have to make that decision again. Advice is often to simplify, you have done it! Congrats!