Analysis Paralysis - Please help me choose a condo on 7MB / Grand Cayman

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 2010, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I with our son (who will be 21mo) are planning a trip to Grand Cayman in January. I am having a hard time deciding where to stay!

Would love to be able to afford the Meridian or Beachcomber, but budget does not allow--so we are looking at Grandview, Discovery Cove, Anchorage, and London House. I've contacted both owners on vrbo, turnkey, and management companies and rates are more or less similar.

What we want is a white sandy beach and easy entry into the water, a pool, and maid service. I think that eliminates Grandview...but I'm having a hard time deciding between everything else.

thoughts? Can someone just decide for me?

Thank you.
Old Nov 2nd, 2010, 04:20 PM

Can't go wrong with ether the Anchorage or London House. Discover Point is great as well, except there can be some rocky entry areas to the water if the depending on the recent weather/surf. Pick one and start counting down the days.
Old Nov 10th, 2010, 07:03 PM

I stayed at Discovery Point in the past. The staff was very friendly and gave great advice regarding restaurants and activities. I would definitely recommend going there. I believe that most of the condos there have been renovated there after Hurricane Ivan.
I would also suggest using VRBO. I was able to be a better discount directly from the owner as compared to the management company. You can also see pictures of the actual condo, rather than taking potluck.
Old Nov 11th, 2010, 06:14 AM

We have stayed at Plantana 3 times. Great central location. On the beach, has a pool and grills. Really nice staff. Usually a pretty quiet part of 7MB.
Old Nov 15th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks all. We are looking into discovery point, both through vrbo and the management office. I am so looking forward to this trip!
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Original Poster

as it turns out, my parents will be joining us--so we booked the anchorage. Many thanks for all the advice. I will be researching and dreaming until we go!