Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Your favorite spots to eat in Paradise Island and Nassau (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/your-favorite-spots-to-eat-in-paradise-island-and-nassau-669018/)

barbados5 Jan 10th, 2007 10:31 AM

Your favorite spots to eat in Paradise Island and Nassau

I will be in Paradise Island and Nassau in April w/ 2 teenagers who LOVE to EAT. I am not sure where it goes...maybe their toes..Anyhow,
Looking for upscale restaurants for us Adults at night, any other suggestions other than 'Dune'?
Looking for fun moderate resturants to take the 'hormonal human eating machines' at night. Something fun and beachy?
Does anybody have a favorite catamanran cruise they like to take for a day trip?
Thanks for the help..I will need it!

girlonthego Jan 10th, 2007 11:02 AM

At the Atlantis, the Bahamian Club was our favorite. It is a steak/continental dining. (expensive) and the italian place called Villa D Este at the Atlantis is very good as well.
We stayed at the atlantis and did not venture off property. They have buffet restaurants where your teens could pack it down for one price. It is not cheap, but they will be able to chow down. Don't you wish we could all eat like that again???? Aah the good old days. :)

gactive Jan 10th, 2007 03:11 PM

Try the Poop Deck restaurant across the bridge on the waterfront. Great authentic Bahamian food. A local's favorite. Our kids enjoyed it too.

bosoco Jan 10th, 2007 04:32 PM

Right at the bridge to from Nassau to Paradise Island is a great restaurant called Luciano's. This was our best meal by far during our last trip. For the kids, try Bimini Road in Marina Village for plentiful, good food with a fun atmosphere.

tamryn Jan 10th, 2007 05:09 PM

My husband and I have really enjoyed the whole experience of eating at Greycliff in Nassau. Very old and original type of place and old time continental cuisine as I recall. Just something you would not see anywhere else. We stay at the Ocean Club and have eaten at Dune several times-I think the bar is the best part of Dune. Service and food inside is somewhat average IMO. Enjoy!

wantsomesun Jan 10th, 2007 08:36 PM

Your kids would also like Cafe Matisse, which is downtown Nassau, and I'm not sure if the Junkanoo Cafe is open again, but check the conch burgers there are GREAT.

Also right across the street from the British Colonial is Conch Fritters, with good Bahamian food, and reasonable prices. You also might enjoy a night on Cable Beach, and have dinner at Johnny Canoe's ask which night there's a Junkanoo, the kids will say the Junkanoo is one of their favorite memories of the trip.

Have a GREAT time.

massachusettsmama Jan 11th, 2007 05:40 AM

Try the Green Parrott at the marina across the street from Atlantis (by Hurricane Hole). It is outside eating and very casual....great burgers, wraps, etc. My own hormonal eating machines loved it!

Robert59 Jan 15th, 2007 10:37 AM

I always enjoyed the Green Shutters Restaurant & Pub on Parliament Street. Graycliffs on West Hill ST. is elegant and expensive, with high class foods. We've eaten at Mama Lyddy's Place, an old and beautiful Bahamian home on Market Street which is now a restaurant. Crocodile's Waterfront Bar & Grill on East Bay Street has food items made from every creature imaginable from ocean: conch salad, lobster, clams, calamari, crack' conch, grouper fingers, etc. The Conch Fritters Bar & Grill, across from the British Colonial has a neat atmosphere and serves foods your teens would like. Try the Bahamian mac&cheese there; it's to die for. There's also a Sbarro's on Bay Street, which serves very large portions of chicken, along with gourmet pizzas. It's well-kept and clean. Hope this helps. Have fun! Robert59

Mason525 Jan 20th, 2007 09:39 AM

Cafe Martinque was outstanding food & atmosphere. For a super romantic, but expensive night to remember. Have fun.