Your Favorite Puerto Rico Places

Old Jan 11th, 2016, 06:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your Favorite Puerto Rico Places

Hi,

We're planning a week-long trip for the first week in February, most likely to Puerto Rico. We've been to San Juan a couple times, but both times just for 4-day trips, so all we did was beach and Old San Juan.

With extra time, and having already done the above a couple times, we'd now like to see other parts of the island. We have some ideas just from general research, but would love to hear you share your personal favorites, and why they're so.

Fyi we're in our mid 50s and enjoy any of the following: places of natural beauty, walks/light hiking, music, delicious food (already thinking about that mufongo), dancing (well, one of us, and the other will humor me at least once), architecture, browsing shops.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 12th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Original Poster

Wow, I don't remember ever before not getting any replies within 24 hours on a Fodors travel thread... anyone???
Old Jan 12th, 2016, 06:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Out in the Fajaro area of PR, we went kayaking at night on a biolumescent tour which I loved! We booked it through the marriott on the Condado where we stayed and they took care of transportation, but you can easily rent a car and drive out there or just spend a night or two out there.
We also did a catamaran tour out in Fajaro and horseback riding. We enjoyed the kayak and catamaran. The horseback riding my one daughter loved, but I found it okay.

I have heard wonderful things about the rainforest but we didn't make it there.

Rincon area is known for surfing, (didn't make it there either!)

The condado area of San juan was a great area to stay and easy to walk to restaurants and listen to music at night.

Of course, Old SanJuan has the fort and shopping and also some great nightspots.

Hopefully tom42 will see this and chime in as he has been to PR many times!
Old Jan 12th, 2016, 07:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
El Conquistador is a huge resort owned by Hilton out in Fajaro if you choose to spend a couple of days there. It would be easy to get to the area where all the boats and kayaks go out.
Old Jan 12th, 2016, 07:12 PM
Original Poster

Great, thanks! These things are we haven't done...catamaran, kayak...maybe we'll decide to be up for an adventure! I'm allergic to horses, so can't do that one.

Hope others chime in as well. We're thinking to try to get to both the rainforest and the mountains mid-island, this time.