Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Your favorite location in the Carribean is? (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/your-favorite-location-in-the-carribean-is-723270/)

thebestpuppeteer Jul 23rd, 2007 04:29 PM

Your favorite location in the Carribean is?

What is your favorite destination in the Caribbean, location, hotel, restaurant, food and fun thing to do?

Canuck_at_Canada_eh Jul 23rd, 2007 05:28 PM

Havana, Cuba.

I love to wander about Havana and enjoy the amazing music scene, cafes and wonderful ambiance. It's the wonderful Cuban people that make my trips so much fun.
I'm off again in February for 30 days. Can't wait!

kfusto Jul 24th, 2007 04:00 AM

Negril, Cosmos Seafood Shack, Rockhouse Villas or Swept Away.

BlueSea Jul 25th, 2007 05:02 PM

Anywhere but Nassau and its Paradise Island.

LittleSalty Jul 25th, 2007 07:31 PM

Chatting with Seddy and Raquel (and marveling at Seddy's amazing magic tricks) at One Love on Jost Van Dyke....great place, wonderful people :)

100dm Jul 26th, 2007 04:53 AM

My favorite place is St. Barths.
Take a look on my website and see all the beautiful beaches.
www.iledestbarth.com
I love St. Barth.

Ingo

beachbum2 Jul 26th, 2007 05:14 AM

bareboating in the BVI's. You get a new island every day. Donovan's Reef a favorite restaurant there and the sandcastle on Jost.

SAnParis Jul 27th, 2007 06:45 AM

Montserrat. The people, but also very much the lack of people. Nothing like having a dazzling black sand beach all to yourself, everyday.

girlonthego Jul 27th, 2007 06:50 AM

Bermuda is our favorite island so far. We have enjoyed all the islands we have been to, but we all agree that we would return to Bermuda because of good food, nice beaches, friendly people, cute town, like the British feel, things to do other than beach.
Places to stay? Have stayed at the Reefs several times and the Fairmont Southampton a couple of times, and once the Sonesta many years ago. Would love to try Elbow beach because their beach is so nice. Maybe next time? :)

ejcrowe Jul 27th, 2007 10:51 AM

My favorite destination is usually either the place I've more recently visited or the place I'm researching for an upcoming visit, whichever is closer. In this case, I just returned from Virgin Gorda which is my "new favorite." Seriously, though, it is in my top five island experiences.

thebestpuppeteer Jul 27th, 2007 03:03 PM

Ejcrowe, What are the other 4 top island experiences?

ejcrowe Jul 28th, 2007 05:41 AM

best puppeteer, my other favorite places are, in no particular order, Grenada, Nevis, Bequia, and the Treasure Beach area of Jamaica. Virgin Gorda even edged out the place where I was married in the top five.

Knowing Jul 28th, 2007 11:43 AM

Nevis! The FS does it best. So many good restaurants, but our favorite was the Cooperage at the Old Manor House where we felt like we had stepped back in time. The best food I had? It's a toss-up between a jerk pork that I had as an appetizer and the chicken breast with coconut sauce. Yummy! Loved the monkeys, but also loved how we started limin' as soon as our feet touched the ground. Nevis is special!

Anguillagirl Jul 30th, 2007 11:28 AM

There is no doubt in my mind it's Anguilla. We are headed there for our fourth straight trip in November and I just can't wait. Just the thought of the beach and water there puts a smile on your face. We LOVE Picante for dinner and our idea of fun is sunning, walking and swimming on the beach all day. It's what we do eight days in a row followed by a wonderful meal out somewhere at night.

ggcoralysp Jul 31st, 2007 07:18 AM

I would say Puerto Rico...
I will stay in what they called a "parador" http://www.gotoparadores.com/
I would book a tour with Aventuras Tierra Adentro http://www.adventurespr.com/
And I will go to any restaurant becaus ethey are all good!!!

kaneda Jul 31st, 2007 07:25 AM

I liked Grand Cayman till a hurricane caused massive damage there a few years back. I agree with Canuck, Cuba is good. Great people and a nice island.

waring Aug 1st, 2007 08:20 AM

"My favorite place is St. Barths.
Take a look on my website and see all the beautiful beaches.
www.iledestbarth.com
I love St. Barth.

Ingo"

Ingo the Austrian? I think we watched the world cup together.

St Barts too. Have checked out both sides of St Maarten, Antigua and Anguilla and none hold a candle to St Barts. Best place in the world.

All the others are somewhat rundown and tacky.

beachgirl86 Aug 1st, 2007 09:50 AM

We've loved all the islands we've visited (Aruba, Anguilla, Provo, and Bermuda) but if I had to pick a favorite, it would be Anguilla :)

Jimmie Aug 1st, 2007 11:19 AM

I would say it's a tie between the Soggy Dollar (JVD)on a quiet day and Spring Bay Beach (Virgin Gorda).

mnag Aug 1st, 2007 06:37 PM

Eleuthera, you can visit a new beach every day. The beach by Joe's restaurant and Ten Bay are my favorite.