Reload this Page >

After going to every island, St martin is the best

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 2002, 08:12 AM
Rick

After visiting almost every island in the caribbean, in my opinion, st. martin has the most to offer. Green mountains, culture, shopping, great beaches, great food, scenic roads, great villas, access to other nice islands like Anguilla, we have found our new vacation place!!

Old Dec 31st, 2002, 08:16 AM
who cares?

I am so happy

Old Dec 31st, 2002, 08:19 AM
great

Glad you found your spot, but its not for all! Too busy for me, Marigot too hot, beaches too busy. It does have great food, too much traffic, and too much hustle bustle for me. Glad you got to explore traquill Anguilla. So now you can go back and enjoy! Hve fun!

Old Dec 31st, 2002, 08:25 AM
Andrea

It all depends on a person's taste which differs for us all. Personally, I prefer destinations with lush vegetation, varied landscape and natural beauty and not just pretty beaches. Thus, a place with just flat lands is of no interest to me (call me narrow-minded if you wish). Some folks go for great beaches first and foremost, others fancy great cities and their cultural offerings,etc....IMHO.

Old Dec 31st, 2002, 08:38 AM
Rick

I agree, finding a caribbean island you love is all personal preference.<BR>I agree about the crowds in sxm, but you can also find a deserted beach there, which is great. <BR>

Old Dec 31st, 2002, 08:43 AM
Wendy

Rick...what are your #2 and #3 choices?

Old Dec 31st, 2002, 08:53 AM
Rick

2 would be turks and caicos.<BR>I dont have a 3rd

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 09:21 AM
Jay

I agree, SXM has the most to offer.

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 12:15 PM
Paul

Just goes to show how different tastes can be. After visiting almost every island in the caribbean, in my opinion, St. Martin is in the bottom of the barrel.

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 02:54 PM
Rick

Is it just me, or does Paul not have many reasons to back his opinion up.

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 03:10 PM
Pedro

After visiting all the hotels in Tijauana, I've decided that the Motel 6 is the best.

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 09:02 PM
GM

Have to agree with the other folks, this is a matter of opinion. After going there ourselves, I disagree with you, but glad you like it. Anguilla has more in the beach dept. anyday.<BR><BR>For the poster 'Pedro' - you cracked me up! Thanks, I needed that laugh!

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 02:54 AM
Joe

Just got back from St Martin and really had a wonderful time. You cant beat the weather! Maybe we were just lucky but we had sunshine and mid 80 degree weather everyday. Frankly, I have been to more beautiful islands but St Martin was great. The food is excellent and with a rental car its so easy to get around the island. The water at a few beaches was pretty rough and at Bay Rouge it was impossible to swim the day we were there. I wouldnt say that its my favorite tropical destination but I would definitely go back if I could get another decent fare. We paid 450. from Boston which was pretty good. We stayed in the Dutch side not far from the airport. Next time it will be on the French side.Everything you want to do and see is there.<BR>Even though its not in the Caribbean, Bermuda is really my favorite island and is far more beautiful than St Martin. However, the weather there is risky.<BR>Saint Martin was much safer than all the hype that I read previous to our trip. Just dont leave anything visible in you car and dont leave anything in the trunk either. Be aware of your belongings at the beach and you'll be fine. This can be said of any destination I suppose. Wish I was back there now!!!!!<BR>

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 12:09 PM
zzzzz

<BR><BR>sigh....I feel like I'm on the traveltalkonline.com forum<BR><BR>St. Martin, Martin...<BR><BR>It's busy, polluted, dangerous and comomercial<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 08:40 PM
Dixie

Rick,<BR>You really place TCI 2nd behind St. Martin? Why? Have been to St. Martin twice and absolutely love it. Thought we were going back this year but group we travel with decided to try TCI. Leaving in 2 weeks but getting a little nervous that it will be way to slow to what we are used to plus not as warm. We are coming from very cold weather climate and temp is the most important reason. Plus, love that night life!<BR>Thanks,<BR>Dixie

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 01:23 PM
Rick

I placed TCI second because they have the best beaches and snorkling i have ever seen. Yes the nightlife is weak, but there is some at the resorts. TCI is the best place for relaxing.