Reload this Page >

Wyndam El San Juan Hotel-HELP!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 05:37 PM
Rick Gillar

Anyone stay here - what restaurants can you recommend INSIDE the hotel and ALSO in walking distance. Heard restaurants inside are very expensive. What is good close by?

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 05:07 AM
Mariarosa

This exact question was asked about a month ago...do a search by typing Wyndham San Juan restaurant. There are many options within walking distance.

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 06:02 AM
Cheri

There are several restaurants inside. We particularly liked the Mexican one on the top floor.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 08:55 AM
Tom

Excellent resaurants inside the El San Juan's restaurants include La Piccola Fontana, The Palm, and Backstreet Hong Kong. I can't remember the name of the Mexican restaurant - but I wasn't crazy about the food (although that might have more to do with me not particularly liking Mexican food in general than with the the quality of the food at the restaurant). All of the restaurants are on the expensive side but worth the money. <BR> <BR>You can get cheaper eats close by at the Metropol, which features Cuban/Puerto Rican cuisine (specialty is stuffed cornish game hen for under $10 - very tasty.).

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 11:37 AM
mike

I just came back from there on my honeymoon. La Picola is ok - but for great italian food (we went there 3 times) - try Tuscany's at the Marriot in Condado - awesome food and reasonable for the most part!!! Also Ajili Mojili is great PR food!!! in Condado also. <BR> <BR>These 2 restaurants are a cab ride away. I recommend getting a car. cost me $175 for the week!! Taxis are $$$$ <BR> <BR>mike

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 08:56 AM
Tom

I agree that Tuscany's is also very good - as is Guiseppe's at the Inter-Continental (formerly the Grand).