Mosquitoes in St Lucia in March

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are Mosquitoes a problem in St Lucia in March or is just more of problem when the humidity is higher around July time. We will be staying in Vieux Fort area.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 08:31 PM

we were in the Castries (day/night) and Soufriere (day) areas in december and had no problems. its been a few years ago but i have a vague recollection of our driver (from airport) telling us that mosquitoes were a very big problem on certain parts of the island but for the life of me i dont recall where. i dont know if that meant they do mosquito abatement in some parts (populated areas) and not in others. We didnt visit Vieux Fort so unfortumately I cannot comment on that particular area. But even if I was told the mosquitoes would be buzzing, i'd go back in a heartbeat. I have to say St Lucia was probably the most beautiful place ive ever been - particularly the Pitons.
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 12:03 PM

I found them a nuisance on our trip in February but chiefly at dawn and dusk or just after a tropical shower.

Are you staying in an hotel? I would not sleep anywhere without window screens and be careful about opening balcony doors during the early morning or around dusk. Fans and ac help blow them away!

They are prevalent in the rainforest so wear long pants and repellent if hiking.