WINDJAMMER LANDING ROOMS - OPEN AIR VILLAS?

May 22nd, 2006, 06:45 PM
Original Poster

WINDJAMMER LANDING ROOMS - OPEN AIR VILLAS?

From what I am reading about the rooms in the Windjammer, the main room is open to the outside. I know that the bedrooms have doors that close them off and they are air-conditioned; however, there is no a/c in the main room. Are there not any doors or windows that can be closed to the main room from the outside elements (i.e., bugs!)?? I find that hard to believe and frankly don't quite understand it. What keeps peeps from entering your room?? That is kinda freaky to me. Does it get hot in the room without a/c? Can someone please let me know the details with the "open air" villas. Also, where are the 3-bedroom with plunge pool villas located? Near the beach or far back up on the property? Thanks for the info!
May 23rd, 2006, 06:04 AM
GoTravel

Trade winds and island breezes keep the main rooms comfortable and the bugs away.

What do you mean what keeps 'peeps' from entering your room? Do you mean peeping toms? That sounds kinda odd that you'd be worried about something so mainstream.

May 23rd, 2006, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

No, I mean, if there are no doors or windows, what keeps people ("peeps", slang for people) from coming in the room??? I am just confused over this. Are there doors to close or not? I don't understand the comment "that sounds kinda odd that you'd be worried about something so mainstream". What does that mean??? I thought it was a valid question, I am just concerned about safety, security and comfort.
May 23rd, 2006, 12:21 PM

We stayed there in 2004. The villas have doors and locks. There are sliding doors that lead to the terraces and patios from the back of the villa. It's not like people can walk by and see into your villa. We left our terrace door open and never had a problem with bugs. Didn't really miss the air conditioning either. It is beautiful resort, very lush.

Squiggy
May 23rd, 2006, 12:28 PM

I don't think that the 3 bedrooms w/plunge pools are located near the beach. They are further up in the hills. I could be wrong about that but our friends have a timeshare there and they have a 3 bedroom w/pool that is located near the top of one of the hills.
May 23rd, 2006, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

Squiggy:
Thanks so much for the info. I thought there had to be doors but from some of the posts, I just didn't understand. One person said that so many bugs flew in that it was bad. That's why I assumed there were no doors. Wonder why he didn't just close the doors????? Oh well... I appreciate your clearing this up for me!
May 23rd, 2006, 12:36 PM

Hi, Perrymom. We didn't have a problem with bugs but a few times little birds flew in, checked us out and then left. I didn't have a problem with that at all, I don't know maybe it has something to do with being in a gorgeous tropical setting and being on vacation that nothing bothers me! Hope you have a great time if you decide to go.

Squiggy
May 25th, 2006, 10:45 AM
GoTravel

I thought you were creeped out by the open air living room or main rooms and open air is very common in villa rentals in the islands. At least as far as what I've rented.