Notices

Windjammer Help/Concern

Jul 28th, 2000, 12:43 PM
Bob

Windjammer Help/Concern

We were booked on a September Windjammer Yankee Clipper from Grenada to St. Vincent back to Grenada. They have canceled the trip and want us to go on the Mandalay from Grenada to Venezuela. It is one-way and they would fly us from Ports La Spain to Caracass to Grenada. Hopefully in less than 1/2 worth of flying. Anybody done this before? It's part of our honeymoon. The other alternate is to fly us to St Lucia to cruise from St Lucia to St V back to St Lucia then fly us back to Grenada. ANY help would be great!

Jul 30th, 2000, 04:00 AM
Jim

Bob, I would definitely take the St. Lucia option if I had no other choices, but if I had a choice, I would cancel and stay at one of those romantic, small hotels in Grenada. What a perfect island for a honeymoon. Beautiful mountains and waterfalls which end up in exotic jungle, or on the gorgeous beaches surrounding the island. Friendly people help too. Don't know what you had intended for accommodation costs but I'm sure it can be done in Grenada.
Go to http://www.grenadaexplorer.com and you will have many choices at your fingertips. Book direct over the internet with the hotel and you will save some bucks.

Jul 31st, 2000, 09:41 AM
Cheri

Go on the Mandalay! We have been on 5 Windjammers and she's the BEST! The captain (Matt) and crew are great. Any ? email me.

Jan 22nd, 2001, 03:53 PM
Pam

Mandalay gets my vote. I've sailed on her 5 times and can't wait to get back this November. I've never done the Venezuela trip however. St. Lucia to St Vincent isn't a bad alternative. The Grenadines are the best! Either way, you'll enjoy your Windjammer vacation!

Search this Thread